Hi Everyone.. I have a friend who recieved the Blackberry 9000 from a friend..The LCD screen is damaged and he would like to replace it and join the crackberry nation...I have been helping him find the LCD replacement part so he can swap out the lcd screen...

From what i understand there are 3 different types of lcd's that you can get...He has the ATT blackberry 9000...Does anyone know which lcd he needs to get to replace the lcd screen???

I would greatly appreciate any help you all can provide.. Thank You
    07-12-09 10:06 AM
    also he can't open up the device because he doesnt have the tool to open the device yet, so he cannot open the phone and look at the lcd screen model..
    07-12-09 10:08 AM
    he is going to have to get a tool and open the device first. The at&t bold could have any of the screens as far as I know.
    07-12-09 10:59 AM
    BlackBerry Bold 9000 OEM LCD screen w/ lens - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories -

Their you go. And you ARE going to get the tools otherwise, get someone else to fix it. The tools are simple specialty screw drivers used for eye glasses, laptops, watches, phones, anything "small" or requiring the use of tiny screws. I got my kit from our home depot, and I know Lowes sells them too.
    If all else, Sears.

Tools - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson,
    Sells em too, but I prefer getting the kit.
    For twenty dollars, my kit contains the minis of Flat Head, Phillips, Allen and Torque.
    07-12-09 11:10 AM
    BlackBerry Bold 9000 OEM LCD screen w/ lens - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories -

Their you go. And you ARE going to get the tools otherwise, get someone else to fix it. The tools are simple specialty screw drivers used for eye glasses, laptops, watches, phones, anything "small" or requiring the use of tiny screws. I got my kit from our home depot, and I know Lowes sells them too.
    If all else, Sears.

Tools - Cellular Nationwide Network - Cellular Accessories - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson,
    Sells em too, but I prefer getting the kit.
    For twenty dollars, my kit contains the minis of Flat Head, Phillips, Allen and Torque.
    thank you very much..very helpful, except there out of stock lol ... hopefully they'll have them in soon..Does it matter which specific lcd he uses??? As long as its an lcd replacement for the bb 9000 shouldn't it work???
    07-12-09 12:46 PM
    trying to keep the thread bumped up until a find a resolution to this issue
    07-12-09 03:01 PM
    trying to keep the thread bumped up until a find a resolution to this issue

you have a resolution. The phone needs to come apart. verify what LCD it is, then order the proper LCD.
    07-12-09 03:36 PM
    He can order the T5 screw driver to disassemble the Bold to find out exactly which type of LCD his Bold has, then order the appropriate LCD!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-12-09 04:19 PM
    Sears carries the t5 screwdrivers for 3.99 btw... idk why everyone prefers to order these online, just go grab one really quick then be careful taking out the lcd, its glued to the motherboard, use a credit card or someting to gently pry it up and look at the # on the back or bottom... some are 001-003 others are 002-004 for example, ebay is the cheapest... i just got one for 44$ shipped from NY by the way so you wont have to pay 80 or 90 bux for some place in hongkong and wait 3 weeks for it to get here...
    07-13-09 06:38 AM
    Sears carries the t5 screwdrivers for 3.99 btw... idk why everyone prefers to order these online, just go grab one really quick then be careful taking out the lcd, its glued to the motherboard, use a credit card or someting to gently pry it up and look at the # on the back or bottom... some are 001-003 others are 002-004 for example, ebay is the cheapest... i just got one for 44$ shipped from NY by the way so you wont have to pay 80 or 90 bux for some place in hongkong and wait 3 weeks for it to get here...
    thanks for the post...really great advice...I'll tell him the best way to do it is by just buying the screwdriver first, than taking apart the phone and seeing which screen he has...This is what i initially told him but he didn't want to buy the screwdriver first since the lcd screen was going to come with the tools to take apart the phone...This DOES seem like the best way to do it though...thanks for the help i really appreciate it.
    07-13-09 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD