So I switched over to a Blackberry 9700 from an iphone. My service provider is T-mobile so I had to unlock the iphone. Once I unlocked it I wanted the internet. So I did some research and found out you could use the T-mobile Shadow plan (its like 5 bucks) if you changed you APN on the iphone and told t-mobile that was the phone you are using............Ok that worked fine. The internet, email blah blah blah worked when I did that. Once I got the Blackberry I simply dropped my sim card in and it still worked fine. Internet worked along with email, not using the BB plan, but the Shadow plan. Well it's been about a month and up until today it worked. Now it says my account has been deactivated or suspended. I went onto my account and they sensed that I have the BB and shut down my internet (assuming).

Bottom line: What do I need to do to get this thing up and running again! Obviously without buying the BB plan. Do I need to enter a special code into the phone? Do something to my T-mobile account? What do I do! How do I trick these bastards again!

THANK YOU so much for helping!
    04-19-10 04:23 PM
    You need a Blackberry Data Plan to use a Blackberry... that's about a simply as it can be put... you don't want a Blackberry Data Plan, don't plan on trying to use all the Blackberry features like a real Blackberry.
    04-19-10 04:30 PM
    To use the internet on a BlackBerry you need access to blackberry.net. The only way you can get that is to use BIS and a BlackBerry plan provided by your carrier.

I have successfully connected to the internet using Opera Mini and correct setting of the APN. You can check your APN settings herer Opera Mini Connection Help

If this works, be careful of your costs and check the Ts & Cs of this Shadow Plan you propose. Carriers make their money by selling minutes and network access. They do not care which phone accesses their network. A BlackBerry plan for them is simply a way to connect yet another phone to the network. That is why plans are priced the way they are.
    04-19-10 04:33 PM
    I am reading what you guys are saying. That said, why would it have worked for a month or more without the plan? All that seems to tell me is the cheaper plan would work if your could trick t-mobile into thinking you did not have a blackberry. Idk what "wasn't" working with this plan. Everything seemed to work.
    04-19-10 04:45 PM
    Yeah your gonna have to use Bolt or Opera. Connect through wifi download opera mini or bolt. Go into your apn settings and put in internet2.voicestream.com and than your internet will work but you must use one of the two. But to avoid all the run around just get a data plan its worth it. I don't see the point of getting a blackberry without a data plan. You will be missing out on a lot of features.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 04:52 PM
    I am reading what you guys are saying. That said, why would it have worked for a month or more without the plan? All that seems to tell me is the cheaper plan would work if your could trick t-mobile into thinking you did not have a blackberry. Idk what "wasn't" working with this plan. Everything seemed to work.
    That's not the case. Once you put your sim in a tmobile phone they know what phone you have. They probably seen the amount of MB's you used browsing the web or picked up the fact you had a bb and canceled your tzones or whatever you had and try to force you to get a data plan. There is no way to trick them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-10 04:55 PM
    No clue why it worked at first, but it shouldn't have. Maybe its a loophole they are working on closing.
    As was posted above, you need BIS to use the internet on a berry. T-mobile is nice in that unlike other carriers they don't charge you extra for BIS, they price it in the package. For the same 30$ that ATT charges for BIS, tmo gives you unlimited text and web, what could be better than that?
    04-19-10 05:00 PM
    What is BIS? Also what is this plan called you guys are talking about? I was in my account online and it under internet plans it showed "unlimited international email plan- $19.99" Thats it. Is that what I need?
    04-19-10 05:06 PM
    What is BIS? Also what is this plan called you guys are talking about? I was in my account online and it under internet plans it showed "unlimited international email plan- $19.99" Thats it. Is that what I need?
    BIS = Blackberry Internet Service, Its how bb's get online, push email, bbm, etc.

I am on the 500minute Even More Plus with text and web.

If you can, I would suggest you move to Even More or Even More Plus.
    04-19-10 05:10 PM
    You can use wifi, but I urge you to get a data plan. Data plan will allow you use the berry to it's full advantage. Unfortunately, like the rest say, you do need a data plan in order to get internet on your berry. Not to mention if you do wifi you'll probably get charge for any data you do download.
    04-19-10 05:10 PM
    You can use wifi, but I urge you to get a data plan. Data plan will allow you use the berry to it's full advantage. Unfortunately, like the rest say, you do need a data plan in order to get internet on your berry. Not to mention if you do wifi you'll probably get charge for any data you do download.
    This is the beauty of tmobile. With BBs at least, they don't let you on the net via cellular/wap AT ALL. You can't have any charges for it because they don't allow it. He could stick with wifi, and that would be fine, but to paraphrase a post in another thread, Why buy a house when an apt would do.
    04-19-10 05:16 PM
    This is the beauty of tmobile. With BBs at least, they don't let you on the net via cellular/wap AT ALL. You can't have any charges for it because they don't allow it. He could stick with wifi, and that would be fine, but to paraphrase a post in another thread, Why buy a house when an apt would do.
    That's very true. Op has a blackberry that should be used as one. lol
    04-19-10 05:19 PM
    I'm on a family plan and nowhere, even when I say I have BB under my part of the acct does it show the BB plans?
    04-19-10 05:27 PM
    Call cs and tell them you need a blackberry plan on your phone, I believe tmo bb plan is $30
    04-19-10 05:27 PM
    I'm on a family plan and nowhere, even when I say I have BB under my part of the acct does it show the BB plans?
    Then you need to go into a tmo store and talk to someone, or call CS.
    04-19-10 05:28 PM
    Check your pm. I gave you some information regarding family plans. Hope it helps
    04-19-10 05:32 PM
    How do I trick these bastards again!

THANK YOU so much for helping!
    I mean, I have done some illegal things in my life, but I never brought it to the attention of others because it's simply...Illegal.
    04-19-10 05:32 PM
    I mean, I have done some illegal things in my life, but I never brought it to the attention of others because it's simply...Illegal.
    "Crackberry.com" "The #1 Site For Blackberry Users (& Abusers)" Umm ya.....
    04-19-10 05:36 PM
    "Crackberry.com" "The #1 Site For Blackberry Users (& Abusers)" Umm ya.....
    Or cheapskates.
    04-19-10 05:47 PM
    Or cheapskates.
    I'm most likely not the only one. I'm sorry if this thread offends you. You can post elsewhere as you are being no help unlike some other people here who are paying like you, but are trying to help me.
    04-19-10 05:51 PM
    I'm most likely not the only one. I'm sorry if this thread offends you. You can post elsewhere as you are being no help unlike some other people here who are paying like you, but are trying to help me.
    Well, you cheated Tmobile and you expect it to work forever? That's like a bank robber think he won't ever get caught in this century. Sorry I didn't contribute to your robbery.
    04-19-10 08:03 PM
    Guys I need help. Very desperate!!

I have a BB Bold 9000 and everything works fine on it including all blackberry services. As soon as I remove the SIM card and put it into my new phone (BB 9700 Onyx) the Blackberry services do not work. I bought the phone on holiday in Dubai.

The new phone has an Italian Vodafone logo on startup. The phone works as a normal phone only. I called RIM and they tell me the phone is registered to a Carrier (Vodafone Italy). I called vodaphone Italy and they keep sending me in circles. Can somebody pls help. I have gone to the Blackberry page to setup the account. The response is that the Blackberry Internet service account is suspended or deactivated. Please help.
    06-29-10 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD