I have a bold 9700 on vodafone in the UK. I just downloaded 2 apps today from Blackberry App World - (1) crunchsms and (2) "The Daily News" which both seem to work fine. However, when I went into my pictures they were all gone - I have pictures of my children dating back 3 years - and my music has all gone. Nothing else appears to have been affected. I have deleted the crunchsms app (their support have not got back to me) and have reverted back to the classic zen theme and re-booted my phone but to no avail. Will my music and photos have been deleted or will they be on my sim card? If so, how do I find out? NB I haven't backed up my phone for ages (months) so no use restoring it........ PLEASE help!!!! UPDATE.....When I tried to record a video my phone asked me to insert a media card - there is one in there.........
    Last edited by goofygoober; 05-16-10 at 01:32 PM.
    05-16-10 01:12 PM
    your phone Should have 2 cards in side of it.. The SIM card and the SD card.. Both are simlar looking but do different things.. The SIM card stores your Contact info.. And the SD card stores your Music and Pictures.. The sim card can not store images so lets hope that the SD card just had an issue connecting to the Phone.. I would suggest that you Try pulling the battery and then Removing the SD card.. then Replaceing it into its slot.. Hoping that the contacts might have been loose.. Then replace the battery into the phone.. I have never heard of The SD card getting erased from loading apps off of BB app world.. So they have to be somewhere.. Lesson to be learned here is BACK UP.. or Save pics and music to the Computer and leave less saved to the SD card.. Hope that you get your Pics back.. 3yrs is alot of memories... Good Luck
    05-16-10 01:59 PM
    your phone Should have 2 cards in side of it.. The SIM card and the SD card.. Both are simlar looking but do different things.. The SIM card stores your Contact info.. And the SD card stores your Music and Pictures.. The sim card can not store images so lets hope that the SD card just had an issue connecting to the Phone.. I would suggest that you Try pulling the battery and then Removing the SD card.. then Replaceing it into its slot.. Hoping that the contacts might have been loose.. Then replace the battery into the phone.. I have never heard of The SD card getting erased from loading apps off of BB app world.. So they have to be somewhere.. Lesson to be learned here is BACK UP.. or Save pics and music to the Computer and leave less saved to the SD card.. Hope that you get your Pics back.. 3yrs is alot of memories... Good Luck
    Thanks for your help, had a look and it would appear my contacts and sim contacts are available and I've since discovered that when I try to take a video my phone asks me to insert a media card. (There's one in there.) I did what you suggested to no avail so in the morning I'm going to try my media card in my old bold 9000 to see if it's the card or the phone. Fingers crossed it's the phone!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-10 03:12 PM
    First thing to note is that the deleted data on the phone will remain there until something new is saved and overwrites it. This might not happen immediately but eventually, after continued use, it will.
    Either connect the phone straight to a PC using a USB cable (if supplied with the phone) or take the card out and put it in a card reader attached to the PC. You should see memory card shown as a drive letter (like H in Windows Explorer.

Then try some photo recovery software on the PC. This should recognise the phone or card and then you can scan it using the free download of some good photo recovery software. That will show you what files still exist on the phone or card and what can be recovered.
    http://www.asoftech.com/adr/
    10-18-11 05:46 AM
    First thing to note is that the deleted data on the phone will remain there until something new is saved and overwrites it. This might not happen immediately but eventually, after continued use, it will.
    Either connect the phone straight to a PC using a USB cable (if supplied with the phone) or take the card out and put it in a card reader attached to the PC. You should see memory card shown as a drive letter (like H in Windows Explorer.

Then try some photo recovery software on the PC. This should recognise the phone or card and then you can scan it using the free download of some good photo recovery software. That will show you what files still exist on the phone or card and what can be recovered.
    Data Recovery Software to Undelete Files; Disk recovery; Recover Deleted Files
    Good advice. I had a similar problem with a Samsung phone, wouldn't read the micro SD card but the PC could through a card reader. Simple matter of swapping music off the old card onto a new card and Bob's your Uncle.
    PS I formatted the old card after saving info off it and it worked fine again in both phones
    10-18-11 11:10 AM
    I have a blackberry 9900 and an android phone, i dont know if it works with Blackberry OS but use EaseUS it helped me recover my photos from HTC ONE, hope it will help you.
    Best data recovery software, recover deleted or lost files - EaseUS Data Recovery Family.
    05-09-13 02:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD