Hi all, I'm having an issue with the default browser on my new Bold 9780.
    When trying to display hotmail, or trying to read forums (or private messages/inbox on forums), it is not displaying the contents properly and/or wrapping, leaving stuff out, etc.
    For example, I can login to hotmail via the browser no problem, but when it displays my inbox, I can see the little mail icon on each line of an unread message, but it does not display the subject, it is just blank. I can click on that blank area, and it will take me into the message, but it also doesn't display properly, sometimes just showing a blue horizontal line instead of the message text.
    The weird thing is, I got this phone about 3 weeks ago, and it was doing this, then all of a sudden after about 5 days, it started displaying everything properly, then 2 days later it stopped displaying it properly. I changed nothing, installed nothing, etc.!
    Just to be clear, I have no special apps installed, it is just as it is out of the box, and I am using the default web browser, going to Sign In and logging into my account. This always worked perfectly on an older world edition BB I had until it fell apart a couple months ago..
    Help!
    07-14-11 06:47 AM
    OK, after browsing through the forum, I think others have had similar issues. I just tried the alt-caps-del reset that I saw someone suggest, and bingo, seems to be working again!
    Is there a permanent fix?
    Thanks!
    07-14-11 07:09 AM
    Ahh, the old battery pull... fixer of all things strange

No permanent fix for these kind of glitches. Just make sure you clear your browser cache each time you exit, and if that doesn't sort it - you know what to do now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-11 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD