Hey guys,

I have the EXACT same problem as leeforget did with his Pearl Flip in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/f85/822...reload-369870/ . No one ever posted a solution that worked to his thread.

I have done all of the same steps as he has (except manually loading each .cod file as he did but even that didn't work for him).

I have a 9700 Bold via Telus that is unlocked. However I am stuck at the Error 507 Screen and I have tried JL-Cmder, Loader.exe (regular and via cmd with and with out /nojvm), Desktop Manager, BBSAK, using the official Telus OS 6 and then tried OS 5.

When I try to load any OS (5/6), I get the following error:

"A fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software. Please try again.

Unspecified error encountered [J:0x00000005]"

And then it says some .cod could not be installed. Pretty much I get to the screen where it is installing the cod's and maybe like 25% of the way through, my phone just turns off and restarts so I can never complete the installation.

Still no luck. Any suggestions? I really need to be able to use this. It's not under warranty any more though.
    07-02-11 08:00 PM
    Had the same exact situation last week while trying to install Berrylicious Hybrid. Very frustating situation indeed, till I finally succeeded loading OS.

Up till now I still couldn't figure out the precise problem or what might be the conflict. What I did was, wiped my 9700 with JL_Comd, the wiped again with BBSAK and restored factory setting. Closed the Desktop Software. Delete the whole RIM folder in my PC, download and fresh installed 6.0.0.570, delete Vendor.xml, then run Loader.exe to load the OS.
    Hope it works for you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-11 10:34 PM
    Had the same exact situation last week while trying to install Berrylicious Hybrid. Very frustating situation indeed, till I finally succeeded loading OS.

Up till now I still couldn't figure out the precise problem or what might be the conflict. What I did was, wiped my 9700 with JL_Comd, the wiped again with BBSAK and restored factory setting. Closed the Desktop Software. Delete the whole RIM folder in my PC, download and fresh installed 6.0.0.570, delete Vendor.xml, then run Loader.exe to load the OS.
    Hope it works for you!

I tried all those steps and tried again, yet I still have the same problem (Error 507 on Screen), can't reload OS due to phone rebooting in the middle, and then I get the Jx0000000...005 Error.

=(
    07-03-11 12:59 AM
    sorry to hear it didn't work out for you.

have you tried this method?
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ked-blackberry

hope this could help.
    07-07-11 08:35 AM
    A 507 error just means there is no OS on your phone. Did you go in through apploader and try to install new OS? I don't use desktop manager, to much finicky stuff happens that way.

I always get the 507 error as that is what you will get as you wiped your device.

I never had the phone shut off on me though. Hope you get through it, I could see where it would be a nightmare.

Best of luck!

07-07-11 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD