Anyone think it's possible to play sprint off verizon through retentions or something to get the phone for $150 versus $199 through them?
    06-04-10 04:23 AM
    agreed. I pay $60/month on Sprint vs. a comparable plan on Verizon which cost $105/month. Feel stupid for not switching to Sprint sooner. gonna suck when my ETF bill from Verizon gets here but it still saves me money in the long run (had 1 yr left on Verizon contract)
    06-04-10 09:15 AM
    Anyone think it's possible to play sprint off verizon through retentions or something to get the phone for $150 versus $199 through them?
    you could try... it is always going to depend on the rep you get on the phone and how long you have had your account... how many lines you have etc... We have 5 lines... just last week I was able to get a rep to move up my upgrade date and give me a free AirRave with no monthly fee. Someone I talked to a different day to just inquire about my issues wouldnt do anything. The 9650 is cheaper at Best Buy and Wirefly and stuff though and then you dont have to deal with mail in rebates.
    06-04-10 11:23 AM
    you could try... it is always going to depend on the rep you get on the phone and how long you have had your account... how many lines you have etc... We have 5 lines... just last week I was able to get a rep to move up my upgrade date and give me a free AirRave with no monthly fee. Someone I talked to a different day to just inquire about my issues wouldnt do anything. The 9650 is cheaper at Best Buy and Wirefly and stuff though and then you dont have to deal with mail in rebates.
    can you just purchase it and activate it on your account without having to completely change your account around? I don't mind a 2 year contract, but don't want to lose the price/discount i'm currently getting. Not sure how that works
    06-04-10 01:24 PM
    The $49 difference you're referring to will be saved just by having to pay Sprint's monthly plan fees v. Verizon's. I pay $40 a month for my 9650 .
    How do you pay $40? Sprint's minimum 450 minutes is $69.99.
    06-04-10 03:52 PM
    i am sure they could work something out for you, especially if you find the right CSR and/or have a business account.

i'd definitely switch to sprint if they didn't have such awful service in the metropolitan LA area lol...
    06-04-10 04:10 PM
    I'm pretty sure he has the $30 dollar 500 min SERO plan + the $10 BIS add on. I have the same plan and it is GREAT!

Unfortunately for most, it isn't available anymore.
    06-04-10 07:47 PM
    Verizon's minimum 450 minute plan is $69.98 monthly without any discounts. Yes, that is paying $.20 per text, but with unlimited e-mail and free BBM it works for some people. Of course they have $5 (250 messages), $10 (500 messages) and $20 unlimited add-on plans if one texts heavily which I do not.
    06-04-10 08:02 PM
    i am sure they could work something out for you, especially if you find the right CSR and/or have a business account.

i'd definitely switch to sprint if they didn't have such awful service in the metropolitan LA area lol...
    How far out is part of the 'metropolitan LA area'? I live in the foothills of the inland valley(La Verne) and service is fine. Never dropped a call. 4 bars right now at home. Data seems nearly as fast as wifi, so I don't bother toggling it on to surf. <Shrug>

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-10 03:53 AM
    Have the old SERO plan like another user said, $30 a month for 500 anytime minutes, free Sprint to Sprint calling, unlimited nights/weekends starting at 7:00pm, unlimited data/texting. Customer service reps just told me I had to add $10 for the BIS usage to my plan and I was good to go.

There's one more plan cheaper than the one you listed, it's called the Everything Plus Referral Plan - it knocks off $10 from the plan you see on their main site.

This plan is amazing, it's yet another reason why I chose the 9650 over the Evo, Sprint wanted me to up to their newer plans if I got the Evo.
    Wow, those really are some good plans. I've always known vzw was more expensive, but I just don't get good service all over New England with any of the other carriers. If you have good coverage with Sprint, you're getting a heck of a deal and I'm jealous!
    06-05-10 01:29 PM
    I'm pretty sure he has the $30 dollar 500 min SERO plan + the $10 BIS add on. I have the same plan and it is GREAT!

Unfortunately for most, it isn't available anymore.
    I also have the exact same plan Gotta love Sprint!
    06-05-10 01:33 PM
    How far out is part of the 'metropolitan LA area'? I live in the foothills of the inland valley(La Verne) and service is fine. Never dropped a call. 4 bars right now at home. Data seems nearly as fast as wifi, so I don't bother toggling it on to surf. <Shrug>

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    downtown LA, brentwood, westwood, beverly hills...
    06-06-10 01:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD