I just got my Bold yesterday after having an iPhone for the last 3 months. Previously, I had a Pearl and I just missed Blackberry too much so I came back. Now my question is, is there a way to play music while in standby mode? When I try to go into standby it mutes the music as well as putting the phone in standby. I know it eventually goes into standby by itself while still playing music but I was just wondering if there was a way I could do it without having to wait until it does it automatically.
    06-13-09 02:07 AM
    With music playing, press the key once so the music stops, then press and hold the mute key to enter standby mode and start playing the music again.
    06-13-09 02:09 AM
    I've tried that but once the screen starts fading out the music stops playing again.
    06-13-09 02:35 AM
    Really? What OS are you running? It continues to play on mine...

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm a liar. It does the same on mine. Sorry.
    06-13-09 04:09 AM
    I'm running .266. I guess it's not really that big of a deal. It probably won't have that big of an effect on battery life or anything. I just noticed that you could just lock the keyboard and it'll shut the screen off. It doesn't go into standby so if you accidentally press a key it still turns the screen back on.
    06-13-09 04:34 AM
    You can use the holster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-13-09 07:54 AM
    I dont know if you know this, but u can just lock the screen, then use the volume key to change tracks. Hold up or down, and press once for volume.
    06-13-09 08:55 AM
    I've tried to figure this out and there is no way to do it from what I've seen

06-13-09 08:57 AM
    I had the same issue . I was also using AutoStandby which made me uninstall it after a few days. Boo Hoooooo
    06-13-09 02:32 PM
    I had the same issue . I was also using AutoStandby which made me uninstall it after a few days. Boo Hoooooo
    Autostandy has exceptions, ie, apps that won't let it go into standby when they are running.
    06-13-09 04:01 PM
    Autostandy has exceptions, ie, apps that won't let it go into standby when they are running.
    Yap! most people don't know about that! You need to have the actual music player open while adding that exception Otherwise it won't show up in the list.
    06-13-09 04:14 PM
    I noticed that using the headphones that came with the Bold or the headphones I kept from my iPhone that you can put the phone in standby then use the inline remote to pause and start music.

06-14-09 06:48 AM
    you can also press and hold the volume up and down on the sides.
    06-14-09 07:00 AM
    I'm not sure if this helps but I'd usually set the Password security timeout to 1 hour. Music plays on even while in the BlackBerry holster.

06-14-09 07:12 AM
    yeah, ive had this same problem for a while. it used to work with music and standby back when 4.5 just came out. now i gotta choose one or the other. im running os 4.5.0.180 on tmos 8320.

it would be really cool if there was an update that fixed this, because music is a huge part of the device, and im usually playing while its in my pocket.
    07-05-09 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD