Just got a new 9930 from work. I was able to connect to my car stereo (Sony Xplod) using Bluetooth in order to make calls, but i have not been successful in getting it to play music using the bluetooth. Is there any settings I need to play with inorder to make this happen. Any help would be greatly apprciated.

Thanks
    03-05-13 07:29 PM
    Make sure the stereo is set to whatever it needs to be on. Most have to be switched to the AUX input, and some have a specific BT streaming input.

After that, make sure your phone is actually set to send music to the stereo. Go into Bluetooth on the phone and check the properties for the Sony. Stereo Audio needs to be one of the services that can connect.

Hope that helps.
    03-05-13 07:34 PM
    open the player, play song. Menu > activate bluetooth
    thats how i do it with my 9900
    03-05-13 07:35 PM
    In order to stream your music over Bluetooth, the device your using (Sony Xplod) has to be A2DP Compliant. A2DP is designed to transfer a uni-directional 2-channel stereo audio stream, like music from an MP3 player, to a headset or car radio. Just because your stereo has Bluetooth, it doesn't mean it's A2DP. Check your model online or your manual to see.
    03-05-13 09:30 PM
    The Sony Xplod is definitely A2DP. I have exactly the same stereo unit and have never had any problem playing music from my 9900. I would try re-pairing the BT. I take it you have set the Sony to "BT Audio"?

Also, when the BT connects, do you have the two symbols next to the BT indicator on the stereo? One for phone and the other for music.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dangerousfen; 03-06-13 at 02:17 AM.
    03-06-13 02:04 AM
    I only have the one symbol for the phone that shows on the stereo. That is why I thought there was something I needed to do on the phone to make it work.
    03-06-13 11:47 AM
    I only have the one symbol for the phone that shows on the stereo. That is why I thought there was something I needed to do on the phone to make it work.
    This does occasionally happen on mine but switching the stereo off and back on again sorts it out.

Have you tried to delete the pairing and then pair again?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-06-13 02:47 PM
    I just took a couple of mintues to go and try your suggestion. Ultimately it did not work, but I did find the culprit. There were a couple of settings that needed to be changed. In the Bluetooth Connections screen, I selected the device (in this case, XPLOD) and brought up the full menu and then clicked on options. In the area of services, the Audio Source and A/V Remote Control Target were unchecked. Once I checked the box in front of both of those, turned the stereo off and back on again, it worked.
    03-06-13 03:48 PM
    I just took a couple of mintues to go and try your suggestion. Ultimately it did not work, but I did find the culprit. There were a couple of settings that needed to be changed. In the Bluetooth Connections screen, I selected the device (in this case, XPLOD) and brought up the full menu and then clicked on options. In the area of services, the Audio Source and A/V Remote Control Target were unchecked. Once I checked the box in front of both of those, turned the stereo off and back on again, it worked.
    Really glad you sorted it. I've had my Xplod for a few years now and its a cracking stereo/phone system.
    03-06-13 05:50 PM