Me too...but after a year and half of using the playbook charger, my battery died. I got a new battery and all is well again. I still use the playbook charger though.
    nappp likes this.
    02-17-13 10:26 PM
    I only use playbook chargers on phones. No issues and it charges much faster. I bought a spare here on shopCB. The thing is.. You are 100% guaranteed to get fast charges. While there is (perhaps) a small chance it causes a problem (though I doubt it). And even then you could by a new battery for $25 or whatever.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    nappp likes this.
    02-17-13 10:34 PM
    I use only playbook chargers as well on my 9930. amazon has oem batts for $6. not worried either. I have used the playbook charger only since one month after playbook launch. no issues yet!

in fact I think my phone is even stronger!
    Last edited by nappp; 02-18-13 at 10:05 AM.
    02-17-13 11:14 PM
    ive been using my playbook charger on my phone for 9 months now and the battery is still the exact same, gives me the same amount of usage as it did since day 1.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    nappp likes this.
    02-17-13 11:33 PM
    defiantly a non-issue on my previous phone (9800) always charge with PB charger. No issue since PB release and the battery in my phone was over a year old. It still works like day one.

CB10 App, Z10
    nappp likes this.
    02-17-13 11:37 PM
    I haven't noticed any battery damage and I've been using a PB charger regularly.
    02-19-13 05:25 PM
    Alas I did the same....what's the story?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    There is a Playbook Rapid Charger (charges through micro USB) and Playbook Rapid Charger Dock (charges through 3 pins).

Sounds like you have the Dock version.
    02-24-13 04:55 PM
    Fast charging a battery is 100% fine as long as the voltage stays the same. you can crank the amps to **** *to charge faster* but when the voltage spikes is when you run into issues.

I have batteries for equipment for work that usually take 7-10 hours to charge on the " steady current" chargers, but we also have fast chargers for them that does the same job in 2.5 hours from flat, and usually 30 min after normal usage. The trick is the charger has to have a regulator for voltage, that will let it peak at normal, but then chop it off if it starts to climb past that, however this same regulator will throw the amps up 5-10x normal, thus circulating more current through the battery.

Now i dont own a playbook, but the charger runs at 5v and 2amps

The standard 99xx charger is 5v 750mA.

So by all means possible, it should not damage the battery at all because its being charged with the same voltage, just close to triple the amperage :-D
    02-26-13 07:55 PM
    the playbook charger does no harm. i have the pb charger for home and the car charger. batteries still last me all day. if it were not produced by rim i would be a bit skeptical but they made it so ill use it on their phones.
    02-26-13 08:31 PM
    the playbook charger does no harm. i have the pb charger for home and the car charger. batteries still last me all day. if it were not produced by rim i would be a bit skeptical but they made it so ill use it on their phones.
    I agree. stick with blackberry chargers and everything will be great. doors will open, food will taste better, and your phone will charge like a beast!
    02-26-13 09:41 PM
    BlackBerry have their own Knowledge Base KB26965 page that defines BlackBerry smartphone compatibility with BlackBerry PlayBook charger - and I've not observed any problems using it to charge my Bold 9900 batteries, either in phone or when using the JM1 battery charging block
    02-27-13 07:42 AM
    i lost the charger to my 9900 and borrowed one from a friend that uses a Galaxy Note2....that thing charges my BB from 10% - 100% in no time.... i'll be sure to buy a quick charger for my z10 whenever i can get my hands on one.
    03-06-13 08:39 AM
    Ive used both on both with no problamo
    03-06-13 11:23 AM
    when ever i use my playbook charger on any of my blackberrys, ive tend to notice the faster it charges the faster it dies too. i have tried this on many of my phones. even my s3 dies really quick
    03-07-13 03:50 PM
    You're not the only one. I have destroyed 4 batteries on two separate 9900 phones using the playbook charger.
    You better throw that charger in the trash.

We have only used the "BB premium charger" (PB charger) on our 9900's a 9800 and a 9700. No problems.
    As an experiment I tried using the cube charger a couple nights and the battery lasted no longer. It doesn't seem to reach 100% that much faster.
    03-07-13 05:31 PM
    I know this has been said a thousand times I am sure but the charger in question is a playbook charger, it is also marketed as a BlackBerry Travel charger.

I will charge any blackberry device safely as the voltage is correct, just does it fast due to the higher output current.

This is safe to the battery and I am also someone who has used it for a while. I also used a desktop charge stand at night with a standard charger.

There is no ill effects of charging the battery faster, just occasionally letting it fully discharge, no matter what charger that you are using, is advised to prolong the life of the cells.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-13 06:12 PM
    when ever i use my playbook charger on any of my blackberrys, ive tend to notice the faster it charges the faster it dies too. i have tried this on many of my phones. even my s3 dies really quick
    really? thats odd, when i charge my bb using the playbook charge it lasts longer than when i charge with the regular blackberry wall charger

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    03-09-13 04:29 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD