Hey,

I just received my T-Mobile 9900 and I noticed on the bottom of the phone (the part that has the plastic stainless steel piece with the charging circles at both ends) is not fitting correctly. The left side leaves a gap between it and the stainless steel band but the right side is perfect with no gap between it and the stainless steel band.

I've attached a photo, I tried to get focused as best as possible but the camera refused to capture it crystal clear but you should be able to see what I'm talking about.

Is this how the phone is suppose to come? I would think not and I'm not happy after just shelling out 400 bucks for this. If anyone could respond to this ASAP I would appreciate it.

I have the T-Mobile version...

P.S. The gap is actually quite larger than it looks in the picture, I can easily get a nail between it with no problem at all with space still left!

Thanks
    Last edited by Dayvidpriddy; 09-02-11 at 01:18 PM.
    09-02-11 01:13 PM
    uh if I'm looking at the right reference, i don't think the phone is supposed to come with ANY gaps, no matter what.
    09-02-11 01:16 PM
    Take it back???...i went through 3 9900's in the store on mon before i picked the one i liked and felt was better built. But no it shouldnt have a gap on the bottom...mine doesnt, its flush and sit straight.
    09-02-11 01:21 PM
    nope thats not normal
    definitely return it and get a new one

i want my 9900 now.... 20 days left, then it finally gets released over here... zzzzzzzz
    09-02-11 01:27 PM
    Omg it has a tiny gap take it back that's absolutely unacceptable

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Speczorz, Jake Storm and lma13 like this.
    09-02-11 01:38 PM
    OK thanks, that's what I figured! Damn...
    09-02-11 01:39 PM
    Omg it has a tiny gap take it back that's absolutely unacceptable

Is that suppose to be sarcastic? People are paying a lot of money for this phone it should be perfect! Must suck to have your standards...
    Sharma15 likes this.
    09-02-11 01:40 PM
    just take it back, theres nothing wrong for wanting perfection for this expensive gadget. it might be ok for now, but maybe later it will bring you trouble if you dont get a new one.
    09-02-11 03:19 PM
    Already done, a new order is being sent to me UPS express I looked at pics of the bottom of the phone (what I could find online) and both ends of the plastic steel are suppose to fit nice and snugg up against each side of the steel bezel, there should be no gap.

Heck even if I did not pay for the phone I would still complain as I am a high quality kind of guy!
    09-02-11 04:15 PM
    I dont understand some of you who return your device because theres a little speak in the trackpad or a small gap in the phone. Its not even a big problem and doesnt effect performance. So you'll take the phone back only to get a new one, which will have REAL problems and it will just turn into a vicious cycle. The quality of these phones arent the best, I have spoken to a Telus rep I know and In the small town I live in they have had MANY returns because of REAL problems. They dont let you return a phone here because of a gap in the plastic. You should be thankful you have a working unit because the next one might not be as good and they are not going to let you return phones forever, eventually your going to be stuck with one. But whatever, I hope it works out for you.
    09-02-11 05:20 PM
    Hey,

I just received my T-Mobile 9900 and I noticed on the bottom of the phone (the part that has the plastic stainless steel piece with the charging circles at both ends) is not fitting correctly. The left side leaves a gap between it and the stainless steel band but the right side is perfect with no gap between it and the stainless steel band.

I've attached a photo, I tried to get focused as best as possible but the camera refused to capture it crystal clear but you should be able to see what I'm talking about.

Is this how the phone is suppose to come? I would think not and I'm not happy after just shelling out 400 bucks for this. If anyone could respond to this ASAP I would appreciate it.

I have the T-Mobile version...

P.S. The gap is actually quite larger than it looks in the picture, I can easily get a nail between it with no problem at all with space still left!

Thanks
    I had a similar issue, as well as someone who raised this in a post on launch date two weeks ago in Canada. I did note that with mine, it wasn't as big, but I also had the lower trim piece not even being secured to the device. Plus, the OS must have been buggered up during manufacturing because I did not have any bookmarks with my browser, and I could not go onto the Internet.

The replacement I got has no gap. I do have a bit of trackpad squeak, but it's nothing major.

If you're not happy with it, I'd exchange it. That's only because of my experience.
    09-02-11 06:17 PM
    I dont understand some of you who return your device because theres a little speak in the trackpad or a small gap in the phone. Its not even a big problem and doesnt effect performance. So you'll take the phone back only to get a new one, which will have REAL problems and it will just turn into a vicious cycle. The quality of these phones arent the best, I have spoken to a Telus rep I know and In the small town I live in they have had MANY returns because of REAL problems. They dont let you return a phone here because of a gap in the plastic. You should be thankful you have a working unit because the next one might not be as good and they are not going to let you return phones forever, eventually your going to be stuck with one. But whatever, I hope it works out for you.
    I had a squeek in my otherwise perfect phone.. It was to the point where it was so loud that in a quiet room, people would start to stare.. It wasn't just a little squeek, it was BAD. Many people have previously reported that that soon leads to the trackpad failing. The replacement phone I got was nowhere as close to perfect compared to my previous one was, but the squeeking is now gone and a big headache is also gone even though it isn't PERFECT... I'm sorry, but I'd rather get a phone that won't potentially have a trackpad fail within a few months of getting it, when they will send you a brand new replacement within a week or two of buying with no cost of you.. Companies do that for a reason, it's kinda sad that you would just accept a phone if it has a decent problem.. And I'm not saying little gaps or weird things, but potential failures..

Oh and PS. you can send it into the company, obviously these people aren't going to their local store and complaining about a gap in the phone to get a replacement.. The wireless provider will just send you a replacement via the mail and not give a sh*t as long as you send back the problematic one as long as it's not water damaged..
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 09-02-11 at 10:04 PM.
    09-02-11 10:02 PM
    If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please go back t the store in question and return/exchange it. I dont know what us users at the forums can do for you...
    09-02-11 10:06 PM
    If you are not satisfied with your purchase, please go back t the store in question and return/exchange it. I dont know what us users at the forums can do for you...
    He was just looking to see if he was crazy or not and if he should go about doing that, maybe see if someone else had the exact same problem and what their solution was.. He was obviously not looking for help here in that aspect...

EDIT:

Apparently the OP took offense to this so let me rephrase what I said even though it was directed to vsharm, the OP should not have given a crap about this comment.

"He opened up this thread to see if others had the same problem as he does, and if there are any solutions to fixing it, if it is normal to have this issue, or if he should return it to get a new on. He was not looking for help in the aspect that you mentioned, implying that he made this thread to complain to us about what happened, he indeed made this thread to help him make a decision of what he should do with his faulty device. There is no need to tell him to get out of this thread and go to his local store to get it resolved, as what he is using this thread for is exactly what it is intended for."
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 09-03-11 at 03:59 PM.
    09-02-11 10:17 PM
    Is that suppose to be sarcastic? People are paying a lot of money for this phone it should be perfect! Must suck to have your standards...
    I have yet to see a post where someone who had an imperfect unit had gone back and gotten a replacement that was perfect the first go-around. Rather, we see stories like "3 Bolds later and I still have x problem(s)"

Would it be worth the hassle of going through multiple units and trips to the stores and arguing with reps instead of perhaps accepting that the tiny, unnoticable to the untrained eye?

In my opinion, it isn't.

09-02-11 10:22 PM
    So those people whould accept shoddy builds when others (like mine) don't have those issues? Get real, if phones were free I could see your point, but people pay a lot of money for them and should not have to deal with build quality issues.

09-02-11 10:39 PM

Sorry to hear that they don't allow you to do exchanges because of build quality defects. However, I agree with many when I say, TAKE IT BACK...And to be honest, gaps allow dust, and dust can cause Chaos in smart phones!

Dayvidpriddy likes this.
    09-02-11 10:41 PM
    I assume all these returned 9900 will be sent to rim and refurbished. So at least there is a large pool of replacement devices for ppl with insurance/replacement warranty. Endless cycle
    09-02-11 10:44 PM
    I had the exact same problem OP.

Then I used a tiny bit of force to push it back into place. Now its normal and I didnt have to cry like a little ***** like you and return a phone you could have fixed yourself.

You are scum and are probably a virgin, have no friends, and touch yourself to hentai. Go get a life you loser, returning a phone because theres a "gap", ******* pathetic.
    Wow what a troll lol...

BTW there is nothing to "push over", the plastic piece is to short, if it was pushed over then the right side would end up having a gap.

Now I'm gonna have to report you cause this post was really out of line...

UPDATE: While it seems the mods deleted fusions post (LOL) I always come back and admit when I'm wrong (if am I wrong) and this time is no different. It seems as though he/she is correct when saying you can slide/force the plastic piece to move. I assumed it was held in by screws and was unmovable as I tried yesterday with slight force but was afraid I would break something so I stopped. After reading the rude reply this morning, I tried it with a bit more force and sure enough...it moved! So he/she is correct that it does move/slide however it still doens't fix my problem...the plastic piece is too small, now I have gaps on both sides of the piece now lol although it looks more uniform, I will admit.

Anyways my replacement has already shipped, so I will compare it to this one and see what I think. BTW usually when you move/slide something that is held in place with sticky tape, it moves/slides back in the position it was originally placed in...just sayin'...but I'll keep on eye on it and see if it relocated itself.
    Last edited by Dayvidpriddy; 09-03-11 at 07:06 AM.
    09-03-11 05:10 AM
    I don't understand "SOME OF YOU" who accept less than what you deserve when you shell out all this money for over priced phones...

Did you pay for my phone? Last time I checked my debit card had my name on it. Simple fact is if smartphone companies are going to charge 5-6 times what a phone is actually worth, then I expect the build quality and the screen to be FLAWLESS! If it's not it goes back, it's that simple! I've done it with just about every smartphone I've ever purchased and it's my right to do so.
    09-03-11 05:19 AM
    Sorry to hear that they don't allow you to do exchanges because of build quality defects. However, I agree with many when I say, TAKE IT BACK...And to be honest, gaps allow dust, and dust can cause Chaos in smart phones!

Amen to that SeanNYC76...actually everyone has a return period where they can return ANYTHING that they buy for WHATEVER reason. So him stating that he can't return something because of build quality is pure BS! If you are within your return period the store can't stop or prevent you from returning it or exchanging it.
    09-03-11 05:22 AM
    So those people whould accept shoddy builds when others (like mine) don't have those issues? Get real, if phones were free I could see your point, but people pay a lot of money for them and should not have to deal with build quality issues.

Thanks D, appreciate the defense to useless trolls.
    09-03-11 05:24 AM
    I have yet to see a post where someone who had an imperfect unit had gone back and gotten a replacement that was perfect the first go-around. Rather, we see stories like "3 Bolds later and I still have x problem(s)"

Would it be worth the hassle of going through multiple units and trips to the stores and arguing with reps instead of perhaps accepting that the tiny, unnoticable to the untrained eye?

In my opinion, it isn't.

Your opinion is not MY opinion. Don't hate on me because I have the balls to demand perfection and you don't. I can't help you on that... Oh and btw...I continue to exchange phones until I get a perfect one...believe me it does happen.
    09-03-11 05:26 AM
    What you said:
    Thank you for telling me what I was looking to do, I didn't realize you were inside my brain?

No actually TROLL, I was trying to find out if others had the same issue or if it was a build quality issue, like the original post stated!

Really?
    What I said:
    He was just looking to see if he was crazy or not and if he should go about doing that, maybe see if someone else had the exact same problem and what their solution was.. He was obviously not looking for help here in that aspect...
    I was sticking up for the reasoning behind why you made this thread jackass.. The kid that I was defending your thread about was pretty much saying to you "Why make a thread if we can't do anything to help you moron, go to your carriers store and have them help you not us" but of course you just go out and assume everyone is against you because a lot of people probably don't like you because you in reality are the jackass, not everyone else. And to prove that I was AGREEING with your thread, maybe you could have read the post that I f*cking put up in regards to the matter that was indeed TWO posts above the one you decided to quote and criticize because you read it WRONG:

I had a squeek in my otherwise perfect phone.. It was to the point where it was so loud that in a quiet room, people would start to stare.. It wasn't just a little squeek, it was BAD. Many people have previously reported that that soon leads to the trackpad failing. The replacement phone I got was nowhere as close to perfect compared to my previous one was, but the squeeking is now gone and a big headache is also gone even though it isn't PERFECT... I'm sorry, but I'd rather get a phone that won't potentially have a trackpad fail within a few months of getting it, when they will send you a brand new replacement within a week or two of buying with no cost of you.. Companies do that for a reason, it's kinda sad that you would just accept a phone if it has a decent problem.. And I'm not saying little gaps or weird things, but potential failures..

Oh and PS. you can send it into the company, obviously these people aren't going to their local store and complaining about a gap in the phone to get a replacement.. The wireless provider will just send you a replacement via the mail and not give a sh*t as long as you send back the problematic one as long as it's not water damaged..
    But no, you just think that everyone is out to get you because you are a dumbass for having that as your picture and for that you are just a f*cking idi0t and people don't like you because of the fact that you are actually a dumb@ss and indeed are ACTUALLY the "Troll"

Last edited by flip4life4751; 09-03-11 at 03:29 PM.
    anon(52425) likes this.
    09-03-11 02:56 PM
    Actually what you posted did not sound like you were sticking up for me, I even had my roommate just read it and he also thought you were making an insult towards me...especially the last sentence you wrote, so sorry but it could be taken either way.

Also what is wrong my picture? Have you never seen a guy with a hot body with his shirt off before? Jealous? Guess who's gettin reported for posting what you just posted lmao...
    09-03-11 03:18 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD