Hi forum,
    Like the title says, please give me your opinions to stay loyal to my BlackBerry, give me your pros and cons. I been loyal to BlackBerry since my first Pearl 8100. And i have owned all BlackBerries till my favorite so far, the 9700.

But i been tempted by an iPhone now that they had become a multi-tasking.

So, what do you think?

Thanks for your comments,
    Jn

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-10 01:26 AM
    Multi-tasking? You're Bold does this now. But since you think that makes the iphone better, no need to even try to convince you to stay w/BB.

Go ahead and get the iphone and send me your old Bold!

06-26-10 02:03 AM
    Simple!!! Battery life!!!! I have left blackberry twice in the last two years only to return within a month begging my berry for forgiveness.
    06-26-10 02:23 AM
    Get an iphone. If you wind up not liking it, get something else. What's the big deal? Why should we care? You need to decide for yourself what fits your needs best, not us.

06-26-10 04:39 AM
    Stick with the BB. I currently have an iPhone and am switching.
    06-26-10 04:57 AM
    iPhone is the best phone in the whole entire world according to the fan boys. You should definitely go for the iPhone just cause.
    06-26-10 05:04 AM
    Battery life in the iphone sucks! Iphone itself is so over-rated. Period!

06-26-10 05:07 AM
    The iPhone 4 is supposed to have 40% more battery. Updated my 3GS to OS4 a few days ago and the battery runs out a few hours before it used to. So basically it used more battery so overall it will probably be the same.
    06-26-10 05:11 AM
    Blackberry battery life is overrated. Of course the battery will last forever when all you do on the phone is email and bbm. Screen size plays a significant part in battery life also, because the battery life on the storm isn't so sweet either.
    06-26-10 05:15 AM
    Blackberry battery life is overrated. Of course the battery will last forever when all you do on the phone is email and bbm. Screen size plays a significant part in battery life also, because the battery life on the storm isn't so sweet either.
    Any touch screen smart phone will have a short battery life including the Storm 2.

Anything less then 24 hours battery life is a no go for me, the Bold 9700 can do this easy, the Storm 2 couldn't. If my phone dies before 6pm I might as well close my business.

There is nothing worse then to be afraid to use your phone in case the battery will die. No touch screen phone will ever be able to compete with a normal smart phone in terms of battery life.

06-26-10 06:07 AM
    Goodbye. Don't let the door hit you on the **** on your way out.

I mean, really, who cares. You either like Blackberry or you want an iPhone. Threads like this are pointless. If you need to rely on total strangers to help make decisions like this then you have issues.

Bye, bye. Sayonara. Auvietizen. Adios.

06-26-10 06:20 AM
    The only thing I can say if you like dropping calls than go for the 3g. I have at least 10 friends with iphones and they hate them only for the call quality and dropping of calls. I live on the East coast and they get full bars but still drop calls. For some reason certain areas with att have terrible service and with the iphone it makes it worse. Do example my one friend with a family plan will drop call with his iphone but his wife with a dumb phone will only drop calls a few times a week. I believe atts network can't handle all the new smart phones they are selling.

06-26-10 07:15 AM
    maybe you can learn to use the spell check on your iPhone.
    06-26-10 07:21 AM
    Ba-bye

Minyanville

06-26-10 07:28 AM
    Goodbye. Don't let the door hit you on the **** on your way out.

I mean, really, who cares. You either like Blackberry or you want an iPhone. Threads like this are pointless. If you need to rely on total strangers to help make decisions like this then you have issues.

Bye, bye. Sayonara. Auvietizen. Adios.

Dont get me wrong, but i like when people had lived this experience and they gave out their histories so we can all have a positive feedback even a negative, like so. But they can share their thoughts.

Isnt this the reason why forums exists? :P

06-26-10 07:42 AM

Really? Humm, I am at 65% since yesterday morning and I have talked on the phone, BBMed a lot of the day and been on the internet plenty along with FB and taking a bunch of pictures...yep, overrated, lol! My buddies 3g's would be dead in 12 hours doing the same...go troll somewhere else...cereal!

All you ever do is leach on people wanting to switch or thinking about it, because you think any phone is better than a BB...funny how you still lurk here just for that reason alone.

06-26-10 07:43 AM
    The 9700 battery is NOT overrated. Ive used this from 6am-10pm, heavy data usage and still had 30% at the end of the day. Name another device that can make that claim.
    06-26-10 07:53 AM
    Exactly! Dood is a moron, talks out his hind-*** all the time. Even the Mods have noticed, yet he still spouts off...

06-26-10 08:26 AM
    If you have to be convinced then you want to switch. If you want opinions then the thread should be titled different.
    06-26-10 08:35 AM
    To answer your question I'm gonna paste something I wrote to another member a couple of days ago.
    The part in quotations is my previous post. After that I have an up to date comment.

""I was using an 8320 or 8900, I can't recall-- at which time the iphone 3g became available. Being a tech freak I grabbed a 3g. Went back to my BB within a week. Put the 3g in a drawer.

I was using an 8900 when the 3gs became available. This time-- I believed it would be different so being a tech freak I grabbed a 3gs. Went back to my BB within THREE DAYS. Put the 3gs in a drawer.

What are my iphones doing now??
    - the 3g-- my six year old plays video games on it.
    -the 3gs-- my ten year old plays trivia games on it.

Now the iphone 4 is coming.........
    Fooled me once-- shame on you.
    Fooled me twice-- shame on ME.
    Fool me 3 times-- I don't think so Steve.

Give up my 9700 for the new iphone.... Especially when the new slider 9800 and the 9700 II are around the corner??? ---- hahahahahahahahahaaaa.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com ""

Update-- I took my ten year old's 3gs and updated it to 4.0 just for the heck of it---- wow (sarcastic wow).
    Jobs' idea of multitasking is-- leaving a program, coming back to it, and being where you were before you left. That's great, really. But I thought multitasking was opening an instant messaging program-- going to something else... Say--the browser... And your IM program actually be running and TELLING you that you have a message as opposed to you having to come back to it and THEN it refreshing. Guess not. Oh well... Now my ten year old can go back to her games exactly where she left them.

Hope that helps bud.

:-)

06-26-10 09:03 AM
    Get iphone 4. Blackberry is quickly becoming yester-year very fast.

My 9700 will become obsolete once OS 6.0 comes out.

The 9800 is just a storm 2 without surepress and a slide keyboard
    attached to bottom.

The reality of it all is, Blackberry has fallen backwards in innovation
    and technology.

Droid X, Droid Incredible, iPhone 4, HTC Evo to name a few.

Getting Blackberry right now is so pointless and backwards in thinking.

iPhone has push email, has an incredible browser, wicked apps and games,
    sweet screen, amazing build quality, has anyone seen one in person?

It makes anything out there right and even upcoming stuff from RIM make
    like its 2004 tech. Seriously, look at Rims resolution on products, even upcoming.

I cant wait for December when i can change contract. I'll give away my 9700 for free once I do.

I cant defend Rim anymore, its so late now, and they're not trying.

OS 6 is a joke. No new innovation, just an overated theme.

Im no fanboy of any product, but as you can see here, thats all youre going to see, fanboys
    saying how iPhone sucks balls and the battery sucks?

Seriously? iphone 4 battery is better than that of the 9700, and thats with it
    super high end tech in it.

Dont listen to the fanboys, seriously. Fanboys can DIAF.
    Last edited by shacknews; 06-26-10 at 09:18 AM.
    06-26-10 09:15 AM
    don't bother with a 3GS... if you're gonna switch, at least go iP4...
    06-26-10 09:22 AM
    lol convince you to stay?! That's a laugh! How about you just go and buy what you want....clearly if you own a 9700 you already know the pros and cons of that...and looks as if yo have been brushing up on your iphone knowledge so you should know the pros and cons of that too...
    06-26-10 09:44 AM
    Battery life, physical keyboard, camera flash, signal strength, customization. All better on the 9700 than on the 3GS.
    06-26-10 09:44 AM
    Battery life, physical keyboard, camera flash, signal strength, customization. All better on the 9700 than on the 3GS.
    How about iPhone 4?

Is the physical keyboard better on the 9700?

Oh wait, iPhone has touch screen.

How about battery life?

Oh yeah its better on iPhone 4.

Camera Flash?

Oh yeah iPhone 4 has that and a better camera.

Customization?

The signal is not an issue with a bumper installed, its so minor. Anyone trying to blow it
    up is just trying too hard.

I get dropped calls and low signal all the time on the 9700 and you wont see me bitchiing about it on a forum.

Oh yeah I heard iPhone 4 doesnt need customization of the housing due to the fact the the build quality is amazing top notch better than anything out there.

So, whats exactly better on the 9700?

Nothing.

Not everyone wants a physical keyboard as you can see RIM also tried to
    make touch screen and fails misserably.
    Last edited by shacknews; 06-26-10 at 09:58 AM.
    06-26-10 09:52 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD