LOL!

I thought that was dead by now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-09 08:13 AM
    I think u shoul also go for the white keyboard...the dark keyboard is too much of a contrast I think.

06-26-09 08:55 AM
    what did you use to seperate the lcd and lens?
    06-27-09 12:12 PM
    Wow! That is REALLY amazing! Keep up the great work!
    06-27-09 12:29 PM
    Cuteeeeeee I want one

06-27-09 03:11 PM
    is there any way just to glue/stick the different coloured lens over the top of the old one???

ive ordered white parts and am gonna run in to this problem !!!
    06-27-09 06:23 PM
    howd u get the lens off actually?? hairdryer?
    06-29-09 10:04 PM
    Very nice... good job!

I like it.
    06-29-09 10:19 PM
    very pretty
    06-30-09 01:18 AM
    Nice. Not my colour but looks great

06-30-09 02:38 AM
    is there any way just to glue/stick the different coloured lens over the top of the old one???

ive ordered white parts and am gonna run in to this problem !!!
    this is what im wondering too..why can't you just glue the other lens over it?
    06-30-09 04:23 AM
    Sweet! Nice work!
    06-30-09 04:56 AM
    i agree i would like to know HOW you got the lens and lcd apart....

i have already bought the pink lens cover and now would like to perform the surgery........HELP......
    07-01-09 07:46 PM
    several of us hoping to hear how you separated the lens from the actual lcd...
    07-08-09 03:21 PM
    Definitely respect your opionion, but I felt the all black looked awful!LOL! Besides pink and black are signature girly colors(at least they are mine anyway). Besides I am not aware of any blackberry that has a colored keypad other than black, white or silver. If I am mistaken, my bad I know on the curves since the keypad keys are not all connected you can get the housings that have the color between the keys which was sweet (I also had a custom pink curve before I upgraded to the bold ) But the bolds design kinda limits the customization in the keyboard area unless you can find a different color keyboard. But I would take my bold over my old curve anyday!LOL! But I can see how some would think the black keyboard does kinda glare out at ya! Oh well, you can't please everyone and good thing it's MY phone since I am the one who has to live with it

Also, quick update, all of the spots on the screen have cleared up and it looks as good as new so luckily I won't have to buy a new lcd screen!YAY!

I was reading in the forums about your pinked out BB.
    I want to Pink out my curve 8330... do you still have your old parts? or any suggestions on where to buy them? There are so many out there, but it is hard to tell which are good.
    I saw the ones Becky Mae does, and I love the glittery ones, but cant pay 60 for it!

any suggestions you have would be great!
    thx
    07-17-09 12:18 PM
    on true supplier the make a white sticker for the lcd to match it, with the bb logo and all. so, there isnt a need to remove the lcd

Colored Screen Protector Skin Stick Sticker for Blackberry Bold 9000 (White) :: Blackberry :: Screen Protectors :: Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories & PDA Accessories wholesale Co.
    07-17-09 02:13 PM
    Sorry guys, haven't been on here in a while so I will try to reply to everyone in this one post.

First, thanks for all the love, I appreciate it and so does my pinkilicious baby!

I really couldn't give you a step by step on how to remove the lens except to say very carefully. We didn't use a hairdryer although I think that might make it a little easier. My DH literally just started prying the original lens off using a q-tip. He wanted to stop but I wouldn't let him ( I am the more adventurous one in the relationship) I figured worst case scenario is that we screw up the lcd and have to get a new one. Thank goodness it worked out. I realize pink is not everyone's color, but it works for me. I have seen the new housings out but I am still holding out for a pink keyboard. I seen one that I thought might work, but not sure if it is the same shade of pink that is already on the housing I have. Maybe I will just take a chance and order, if I do, I will post updated pics.

DH actually still has a curve I have tried to talk him into a Bold and he won't budge---but please understand it took for his 8700 to actually start malfunctioning before he would upgrade to the curve, he doesn't like change.

I like the lens sticker idea!!! Like I mentioned in my op, if we had to do it all over again, I can't say that I still would have changed the lens---it was very touch and go during the process for us.

Thanks again guys!
    07-17-09 10:14 PM
    ^^ all your missing now is the pink keyboard they have it @ truesupplier and ebay as well
    07-17-09 10:32 PM
    I love this! And I love the pink and black together!
    07-18-09 12:31 AM
    I was reading another thread about this where he referenced your peanut butter method and successfully replaced the LCD lens, BUT I was wondering what you did for this issue:

"There (is no) damn glue or adhesive I can apply to my lcd to stick to my new lens!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dirt and bubble are forming that I've noticed by just ether accidentally touching the lens or leaving it in my pocket and apparently my legs are putting pressure on it. So I'm getting annoyed by it. From my recommendation, I say leave the black screen the way it is, it simply not worth the trouble and hassle."

I've been trying to do as much research as possible on this maneuver because my housing is coming in a few days by now. I'm scared to do it but I really want to because there are a bunch of small scratches on the LCD screen (I'm the second owner of this Bold). Any insight would be appreciated!
    07-21-09 02:21 AM
    Woow .. ! very nice ^^ .. try using a pink keyboard with this black trackball. .. or pink trackball with the black keyboard... it will loook better
    07-21-09 07:52 AM
    To each his or her own I guess.
    07-21-09 10:35 AM
    great looking bold!
    07-21-09 10:42 AM
    WOW! That looks totally awesome!
    07-31-09 01:27 AM
    What type of adhesive or glue did you use to attach the lens? I bought two lens's from ebay neither had adhesive one stated self adhesive.
    08-10-09 01:18 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD