a family member totally annihilated a bold 9700.there are cracks around the mute key and so.but the major problem is the screen is showing a pink white appearance.i reloaded the new os using bbsak on this but still the screen is a pink white.there is nothing wrong with the software because when i first updated to it the bb 6 song was playing in the background.im hoping this is not a lcd issue since the family member does not want to purchase anything for this device since the family member plans on upgrading the next month or the month after.i've checked on the lcd prices and they are costly.this device also needs a new battery but don't plan on getting it either.so is there anyway to revive this battered up device without getting a new lcd/battery for the family member.
    08-06-11 03:52 PM
    Take it apart and see if everything is corrected properly. If yes, then you'll need a new lcd.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-11 04:57 PM
    thanks i did that and now the keyboard just lights but not the screen.im going to give up on this trashed device and just tell family member forgot about reviving it.guess the family member will have use another ancient device now since he trashed this 9700 and before that an iphone.the guy really doesn't now how take proper care of devices.well screw him,no more help.
    08-06-11 06:13 PM
    You'll need to go to a repair shop in order for them to replace the screen. You'll also need a new housing, which will be the cheapest of both to replace. Know what? keep the 9700 since he doesn't need it since he smashed it to death. He doesn't need a phone if he keeps breaking it. Anger problems, that's likely the cause (you'll have to get the carrier to release the PIN in order to use it with your SIM after unlocking it, unless it's CDMA)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-11 01:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD