Tonight I started receiving request via BBM to add some person, the message was in Arabic and I could not read it.

I rejected and this person started again and again, I put them on IGNORE list in BBM. Then he started sending PIN messages in Arabic (getting them in the same inbox as my emails) the PIN message had the sender in red typeface. Again in Arabic, i replied in English asking that they stopped sending me messages or requests to add in BBM.

He responded that he wanted me to add him, I rejected saying I do not know him, he requested again, I asked to stop it or would report him. THAT apparently pi$$ed him off because I started to receive about 1 PIN per second, this looks like computer???generated.

I quickly found about about Firewall setting for blocking PIN messages, and I blocked all incoming PIN messages there. I see the block counter raising by the second. This is causing a stress to my battery. I quickly went to the carrier's office nearby and they said that at the moment they could not do anything about it to come back tomorrow morning and they will try to find out whom to contact, because they would no even know to which department to address a trouble ticket.

The frequency of this spam got down, now I am getting "only" about 100 PIN messages per hour (down from 50-60 per minute) and of course all are blocked by the phone's Firewall, but I still see the data activity draining my battery.

WHAT CAN I DO? Is there something like Blackberry security (something similar to Facebook security where you can report inappropriate usage/spam/ etc.?)
    09-12-12 08:31 PM
    If you ignore them once they should not be able to send you further invites from the same pin. Are they using different pins each time or is it the same pin.

Im also not aware of a program that could do that without it being a blackberry.

You can try Blackberry help on twitter, and report it to them they have an excellent team.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-12-12 09:46 PM
    Tonight I started receiving request via BBM to add some person, the message was in Arabic and I could not read it.

I rejected and this person started again and again, I put them on IGNORE list in BBM. Then he started sending PIN messages in Arabic (getting them in the same inbox as my emails) the PIN message had the sender in red typeface. Again in Arabic, i replied in English asking that they stopped sending me messages or requests to add in BBM.

He responded that he wanted me to add him, I rejected saying I do not know him, he requested again, I asked to stop it or would report him. THAT apparently pi$$ed him off because I started to receive about 1 PIN per second, this looks like computer???generated.

I quickly found about about Firewall setting for blocking PIN messages, and I blocked all incoming PIN messages there. I see the block counter raising by the second. This is causing a stress to my battery. I quickly went to the carrier's office nearby and they said that at the moment they could not do anything about it to come back tomorrow morning and they will try to find out whom to contact, because they would no even know to which department to address a trouble ticket.

The frequency of this spam got down, now I am getting "only" about 100 PIN messages per hour (down from 50-60 per minute) and of course all are blocked by the phone's Firewall, but I still see the data activity draining my battery.

WHAT CAN I DO? Is there something like Blackberry security (something similar to Facebook security where you can report inappropriate usage/spam/ etc.?)
    That would me off. I would simply SPAM him back around bedtime hrs. Pay back feels good. Or add him on bbm and ping him all night lol. Hit menu, the letter P, then enter over and over. I do it to my friends as a joke. There's nutn funnier than seeing my friends blackberry ring every sec
    09-12-12 09:47 PM

And the only way (I think) he would be able to get your PIN is if you went on blackberry's Facebook page and posted your pin like everyone does on the fan page
    09-12-12 09:49 PM
    if the message was in Arabic and you say you couldn't read it, how do you know it was a BBM request? Just sayin'

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    09-12-12 10:02 PM
    It is why I do not give my PIN to anyone outside of my company. Text and email for everyone elese is just fine!
    linuxbbm likes this.
    09-13-12 06:45 AM
    if the message was in Arabic and you say you couldn't read it, how do you know it was a BBM request? Just sayin'

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    How would I know it was BBM request? Simple... because after the message I got standard English icons - Accept, Decline, Ignore.
    09-13-12 06:47 AM
    It is why I do not give my PIN to anyone outside of my company. Text and email for everyone elese is just fine!
    I do not (and did not) give my PIN to anyone but very close people, and they are all within a 100 mile radius from me. Anyway this PIN has been a new one I have had it less than a month, it was a replacement phone. I simply think this person somehow generated a PIN. PINs are free, so maybe he somehow generated lots of PINs and tried to find "new friends" that way. Or it was a simple error, he was PINning to someone else and after I did not respond he got upset and then completely pi$$ed off after i suggested he stopped or otherwise would be reported.
    Last edited by rubiohiguey; 09-13-12 at 06:51 AM.
    09-13-12 06:48 AM
    And the only way (I think) he would be able to get your PIN is if you went on blackberry's Facebook page and posted your pin like everyone does on the fan page
    Nope did not happen... I do not post my PIN... I have only 8 people on BBM.
    09-13-12 06:49 AM
    No way they guessed your PIN. I would be looking at either your BBM friends gave it to someone OR your phone was not new. How else?
    09-13-12 06:52 AM
    Of course the PIN can be "guessed". Just like any other number/letter sequence can be "guessed" through random trial. It's just spam and other than what the OP has already done, there's not much else that can be done.
    09-13-12 08:20 AM
    I am so glad I don't have that pinning issue. I'm LOL-ing at the suggestion to ping the heck out of the spammer. That is the most creative way to cause a disturbance in the force...

Sent from The Root's Crackberry @ wapforums.crackberry.com
    wolfee48 likes this.
    09-13-12 04:00 PM
    You should have declined the request, not ignored it.
    I've had a similar Arabic spam request on virtually every BB I've owned, always declined it and never heard anything more. I don't know how they get my PIN because I don't even use BBM, but get it or guess it they do.
    Just post the offending PIN on here and let us have some fun
    Hgouck likes this.
    09-13-12 04:21 PM
    Please post the pin... PLEASE post it!, so we can have another BBM stress test on that spammer.
    09-13-12 04:29 PM
    I was about to suggest that he post the link here also...there are creative people here that should be able to cause this person some lack of sleep. I would active my BBM just to help in the cause.
    09-13-12 04:34 PM
    Don't post the PIN. The moderators will delete it anyway.

Just move on.
    09-13-12 06:02 PM
    That's ridiculous! I'd suggest you to add him and get rid from the spam
    I'm sorry, so did you got rid from the spammer yet or?
    That's really awful, and i can't believe you were receiving pins every second! and your phone would have been dead in hours

I don't give my pin to anyone or uses BBM, but if you do use at least trust the source you're giving to, or decline the request if someone adds you.
    09-15-12 09:52 PM
    Oh man i'm sorry for that
    could you send the messages he sent to you?
    i'm arabic i'll try to translate it for you
    if you can also send me his pin no. as a pm ? i'll try to reason with him not to bother you again!!
    09-16-12 01:59 AM
    Hey all,

Yesterday I received a Pin request in arabic or something equally cryptic. I denied the request thinking it was a mistake and immediately got 3 more back to back... so I blocked the request. Now, like mentioned above, I'm getting a constant blast of pin messages in my message center. I've never posted my pin (which is a brand new phone only about 2 mos old). I tried replying back by pin and requesting they stop, but it only seemed to encourage them.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to stop these messages from appearing in my message center. I'm hesitant to block all PINs because I do occasionally get valid messages from relatives.

Any thoughts? Or will I just have to block all PINs through the firewall?

Or -- if it keeps up, any web-to-PIN options I can spam the jackass back? I'm online all day, I can easily get my friends to do it as well.... LOL
    09-17-12 09:57 PM
    Hey all,

Yesterday I received a Pin request in arabic or something equally cryptic. I denied the request thinking it was a mistake and immediately got 3 more back to back... so I blocked the request. Now, like mentioned above, I'm getting a constant blast of pin messages in my message center. I've never posted my pin (which is a brand new phone only about 2 mos old). I tried replying back by pin and requesting they stop, but it only seemed to encourage them.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to stop these messages from appearing in my message center. I'm hesitant to block all PINs because I do occasionally get valid messages from relatives.

Any thoughts? Or will I just have to block all PINs through the firewall?

Or -- if it keeps up, any web-to-PIN options I can spam the jackass back? I'm online all day, I can easily get my friends to do it as well.... LOL
    What's his PIN? I'm bored, I'll spam that mother fxxxxR
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    09-17-12 09:59 PM
    @hockeygal28

You can block all PINs and check off Contacts (Under Exclude messages from) and also create a whitelist.

When you received the request, what did you choose? Accept, Decline, Ignore, or Close?
    09-17-12 10:10 PM
    Post the pin!!!
    09-17-12 10:10 PM
    I'm suffering from a similar issue..some **** is spamming me with PIN messages
    the pin:26D4BB6E
    10-17-12 03:13 PM
    I'm suffering from a similar issue..some **** is spamming me with PIN messages
    the pin:26D4BB6E
    Send the PIN a BBM request. Then before it can be accepted or declined, quickly delete the request and choose ignore for good measure.

Problem solved.

Sent from the ether...
    10-17-12 03:54 PM
    I am so glad I don't have that pinning issue. I'm LOL-ing at the suggestion to ping the heck out of the spammer. That is the most creative way to cause a disturbance in the force...

Sent from The Root's Crackberry @ wapforums.crackberry.com
    "Pinging the heck" out of the sender is stupid, especially if he/she "guessed" your PIN. Your reply would only tell them they hit pay dirt! Do you really think your pinging would upset someone like this?

If they really are guessing, they are looking for replies to know which PIN numbers to sell or use to advertise!
    10-18-12 05:43 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD