hi im about to buy a blackberry bold second hand of a friend, but he said hes not sure if the pin has been registerd already an that if it has i may have problems setting up emails? i already have a 8900 curve and cant remeber having to register the pic? is this right? thanks
    06-19-09 12:18 PM
    Yes, your friend has to call their carrier (O2?) to release the PIN. Otherwise it's still registered under him and you'll be stuck.
    06-19-09 12:22 PM
    ok thanks very much, is there anything i can do if he was not the original owner?
    06-19-09 12:36 PM
    ok thanks very much, is there anything i can do if he was not the original owner?
    Get your money back.
    06-19-09 12:38 PM
    so if the pin is registerd then a bb bold is useless?
    06-19-09 12:39 PM
    so if the pin is registerd then a bb bold is useless?
    You will not be able to use any BB functions, so it would be a waste to have it. If someone cannot get the PIN released, something is not right with the entire deal. I would suspect that the phone was wither found or stolen.
    06-19-09 12:42 PM
    what it is, the phone was bought for spares as it has a cracked screen but the person who bought it thought it was to bigger job for him to change it so now my friend has it an things the same but i know i can change it. so do ya think its not worth the 100 he wants for it, p.s ive used the fone an it makes recives calls fine etc
    06-19-09 12:47 PM
    what it is, the phone was bought for spares as it has a cracked screen but the person who bought it thought it was to bigger job for him to change it so now my friend has it an things the same but i know i can change it. so do ya think its not worth the 100 he wants for it, p.s ive used the fone an it makes recives calls fine etc
    Just check with your carrier to be sure the PIN is not locked or blacklisted.
    06-19-09 12:53 PM
    You can actually call your carrier and ask them to do it. The first person may say call the person you purchased it from but after arguing and telling them you paid 400 bucks for a phone they'll do it. I was in the same situation, bought mine on ebay pin was registered they said i have to contact the old owner but after arguing for a while they gave in and let me register it.
    06-19-09 02:32 PM
    ...p.s ive used the fone an it makes recives calls fine etc
    If you can put your hands on the phone before you buy it, put your sim card in it and see if it will register on the network. If it does, you should be good to go.

Doug
    06-19-09 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD