here are some of mine taken with the 9900

Nickerz, sf49ers, Guatiao and 5 others like this.
    08-15-11 01:10 PM
    Just the red face and red tent kinda looks bad, but how often are those taken
    08-15-11 01:10 PM
    lol... Only taken when in a red bouncer
    brewkelyn likes this.
    08-15-11 01:33 PM
    perhaps you should forward this thread to your pal python so you can enjoy together...and maybe learn not to post threads based on lack of facts.

Indeed! from all the horrific pics taken before. I guess some people just don't know how to hold a phone straight and snap a decent photo

And cute babies man! Gold bless them!!
    08-15-11 01:44 PM
    and a sunshine picture...

Guatiao, john_v, fabio984 and 2 others like this.
    08-15-11 04:03 PM
    Great pics thanks again!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 04:17 PM
    The color looks good on those shots. No blue or yellow tint.
    08-15-11 04:29 PM
    Now that’s what I’m talking about! Nice photos.
    08-15-11 04:33 PM
    But but but it cant take super close up photos of my micro text that is crucial for my mega million dollar business.

Ok honestly, great shots. It is apparent that it overblows red but these types of images will be more that satisfactory for me. If I need anything else I have a DSLR that will fill the void. Thanks for posting!
    Totally agree, below is a sample of the back of my bank statement (usual legal jargon) and its perfectly legible.

note - taken maybe 10cm away from text, according to some it should be blurry lol

full item attached if ya wanna check too
    Last edited by BBThemes; 08-15-11 at 04:42 PM.
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-15-11 04:40 PM
    08-15-11 04:56 PM
    Totally agree, below is a sample of the back of my bank statement (usual legal jargon) and its perfectly legible.

note - taken maybe 10cm away from text, according to some it should be blurry lol

full item attached if ya wanna check too
    If you would be so kind as to zoom out so that you can capture the full sized document....
    ...And create a .pdf via the blackberry free pdf scanner.

examples of a full 8.5 x 11'' page attached so there isn't any question...
    ...IF you can duplicate this it should mean that I will be able to snap one of the 9930's up for myself.
    ...It would also mean that you would be the ONLY one so far able to do this out the PB owners and 9900 owners who have tried.

You wouldn't belive how happy you will make me if you are able to pull it off.

I
    08-15-11 05:05 PM
    As with all cameras, the less light the sensor captures the more “digital noise” is found in the photo. This is especially true for EDoF cameras and my guess is even the closer shots of text will be improved with a little more ambient light. Again, I would not be surprised to find the majority of end users embracing benefits of EDoF technology.
    08-15-11 05:13 PM
    Well done dude. Great shots. Looks like the 9900 takes perfectly fine shots for my needs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-11 05:14 PM
    Yeah it's so good RIM is using it in all of it's new devices, even the QNX ones. Oh wait, they're not..

@ OP: Most of the pics look good except the ones that are more close up but even they don't look bad. You can just tell AF would help. The others look good too especially the ones with lots of light. Cute kid, he's a ham.
    aNYthing24 likes this.
    08-15-11 05:45 PM
    But but but it cant take super close up photos of my micro text that is crucial for my mega million dollar business.
    I feel you here. I'm going to be a college student, so I'll probably want to be able to 'scan' documents with my phone.

I'm assuming/hoping that, like iPhone and Android devices, the new BBs will get a scanning app that uses the 720pHD video camera to pick up text and scan pdfs.
    08-15-11 05:52 PM
    But but but it cant take super close up photos of my micro text that is crucial for my mega million dollar business

App's are not created for a minority - they are created for the majority who wan't / need to do something....
    ...The blackberry pdf scanner is a very functional app that saves time and money.
    ...For people in "the business community".

That's exactly WHY the App is there in the first place and WHY there have been MULTIPLE reviews of it here on crackberry.

Why have we not witnessed an example of this flagship device rendering a .pdf yet?
    ...It's been asked for multiple times and so far only a few people have been even brave enough to post their examples.
    Nickerz likes this.
    08-15-11 06:38 PM
    Yeah it's so good RIM is using it in all of it's new devices, even the QNX ones. Oh wait, they're not..

@ OP: Most of the pics look good except the ones that are more close up but even they don't look bad. You can just tell AF would help. The others look good too especially the ones with lots of light. Cute kid, he's a ham.
    Sharma15 and smileymickey like this.
    08-15-11 06:46 PM
    App's are not created for a minority - they are created for the majority who wan't / need to do something....
    ...The blackberry pdf scanner is a very functional app that saves time and money.

That's exactly WHY the App is there in the first place and WHY there have been MULTIPLE reviews of it here on crackberry.

Why have we not witnessed an example of this flagship device rendering a .pdf yet?
    ...It's been asked for multiple times and so far only a few people have been even brave enough to post their examples.
    What are you on about sir. I honestly don't know why you spend so much time here bashing this device yet it is glaringly evident from your carrier, that you have not seen/tested it first hand. I am all for constructive criticism and try my hardest to ignore your posts, but you my friend get on my nerves. This thread is talking about the camera which you have bashed in every thread it is even mentioned in, now you are going on about a PDF scanner.

Sorry, I will ban myself now. At least from responding to your never-ending rants.

08-15-11 07:07 PM
    Great photo's indeed. Nice to see the camera is pretty good after all.
    08-15-11 08:25 PM
    there you go, nothing to worry about go out and get 5 BB 9900's then tell 5 friends to do the same lol

pics looks clean , sharp, with good colour and contrast

video demos same nice crispy video

its all good!
    08-15-11 08:30 PM
    Reminds me of all the people who didn't know about the 2 step camera button on phones for ages...
    08-15-11 08:55 PM
    Pics of my cat in both good light and bad. (Yes, I am shaky. No, I am not a professional photographer)
    Including 2 pics taken with my old Xperia X1A for comparison

Full light

Dark (Almost no light. The LED flash is actually quite powerful)

Xperia

Last edited by Jagaer; 08-15-11 at 09:02 PM.
    fabio984 likes this.
    08-15-11 08:55 PM

Just buy a different phone. Breath deep, walk away, and buy a different phone. The 9900 is not for you. They are not going to change it. Get on with your life.
    ekv likes this.
    08-15-11 08:57 PM
    Photos look disappointing for a 5MP shooter in my opinion.
    08-15-11 09:33 PM
    Photos look disappointing for a 5MP shooter in my opinion.
    I'd have to agree. You can tell in almost all of these shots that AF would've made a difference.
    Nickerz, anon(2729369) and MKDS like this.
    08-15-11 09:47 PM
793 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD