Trust me, iPhone 4S camera is way better than 9900/9930. I have both and the one thing the 4S can do, is to take pictures. Note, you can't tell on a computer display at 72dpi. the difference are in prints at 300-2400dpi.

And plus, you can't compare a picture that you moved to make blurry to a clean 9900 picture. You gotta be fair.

Post the originals on photobucket with exif data at original resolution for a true comparison.

This being said, I love the Belfastdispatcher pictures! What a beautiful place to live. Like I always say, content trumps everything else.
    I didn't move it at all, I was actually extra careful with it since it was brand new and without a case.

It was a case of point and shoot and I'm sure you'll agree that the 9900 camera is a lot faster, and that fake shutter animation is very annoying.

I agree with you on the second part, content is everything, quality is not that important, our minds and imagination make up the rest.
    03-25-12 02:03 PM
    I didn't move it at all, I was actually extra careful with it since it was brand new and without a case.

It was a case of point and shoot and I'm sure you'll agree that the 9900 camera is a lot faster, and that fake shutter animation is very annoying.

I agree with you on the second part, content is everything, quality is not that important, our minds and imagination make up the rest.
    I agree, the iPhone is slow. and many times the auto focus box seems to lock on to the wrong thing and the intended subject is blurry. That's annoying. The only thing really deficient is macro and close up which may or may not matter depending on what you do. The iPhone closeup ability is nothing short of amazing.
    ria__x likes this.
    03-25-12 02:34 PM
    I agree, the iPhone is slow. and many times the auto focus box seems to lock on to the wrong thing and the intended subject is blurry. That's annoying. The only thing really deficient is macro and close up which may or may not matter depending on what you do. The iPhone closeup ability is nothing short of amazing.
    I'm not disputing that, if close ups are important the 9900 is not the phone for you.

Since you're in a position to compare why not take some side by side shots but please, no need to post close ups we already know

I value speed and knowledge that no matter what everything is in focus, near, far or moving
    03-25-12 02:38 PM
    I guess saying "trust me" makes it fact and not just your opinion? Gotcha. And how many camera photos actually get printed at all, much less at 2400 DPI? If you're looking to print a those levels, are you really going to use a camera phone?
    Actually don't trust me, just read the millions of posts regarding this subject. Anyway, I'm just following this thread enjoying the great pictures of places I'd love to visit someday. Well except for the L.A. ones where i live already.
    03-25-12 02:38 PM
    I'm not disputing that, if close ups are important the 9900 is not the phone for you.

Since you're in a position to compare why not take some side by side shots but please, no need to post close ups we already know

I value speed and knowledge that no matter what everything is in focus, near, far or moving
    Fair enough, I'll do that and post results.
    03-25-12 02:40 PM
    Ha, forgot to post this one re speed of camera, what you see in the middle of the shot is a stone mid flight and a bit below it's reflection in the water. I took the shot too soon
    shadysprings and wxmancanada like this.
    03-25-12 04:14 PM
    Ha, forgot to post this one re speed of camera, what you see in the middle of the shot is a stone mid flight and a bit below it's reflection in the water. I took the shot too soon
    That is quite neat.
    03-25-12 04:23 PM
    new car, pics taken with the 9930

03-25-12 06:16 PM
    Snagged this one passing through an intersection.
    03-25-12 10:42 PM
    Snagged this one passing through an intersection.
    LOVE the Ford GT. One of my relatives has one. Black/grey stripes, tuned to put out about 800 horsepower. I've been in that car as a passenger before and it is CRAZY insane. Never had the chance to be in the driver's seat though, haha.
    03-25-12 11:07 PM
    LOVE the Ford GT. One of my relatives has one. Black/grey stripes, tuned to put out about 800 horsepower. I've been in that car as a passenger before and it is CRAZY insane. Never had the chance to be in the driver's seat though, haha.
    800 horsepower .... That's not street legal is it ?
    03-25-12 11:19 PM
    03-25-12 11:56 PM
    This is lovely - really clear and sharp!
    03-26-12 12:46 AM
    Love this photo
    03-26-12 01:15 AM
    I think the camera is great on the 9900 colour wise.

03-26-12 02:55 AM
    i am following this topic... i can send photos sometimes...
    03-26-12 04:58 AM
    10 points for whoever guesses what this is
    03-26-12 07:15 AM
    10 points for whoever guesses what this is
    Looks like a damn, or a channel.
    03-26-12 07:18 AM
    Titanic dock ?

May be going out on a limb here
    03-26-12 07:26 AM
    Titanic dock ?

May be going out on a limb here
    That was quick lol, 10 points for you
    03-26-12 07:27 AM
    That was quick lol, 10 points for you
    Hehe cool thanks buddy.
    03-26-12 07:29 AM
    i like this thread, what a brilliant idea! will be sure to take some photos and put some up soon

regarding people who decide to tell us their camera phones are better (i.e. iphones) why not post that on an iphone forum? i'm sure your comments will be greatly appreciated there we love our blackberrys here and nothing aint got change that. (sounds like some sort of song!)

happy shooting all
    03-26-12 07:33 AM
    800 horsepower .... That's not street legal is it ?
    Actually it is. I mean the Bugatti Veyron base model has 1001 horsepower. Plus people drive around modded Nissan GT-Rs with close to 800 horsepower and the like. It drives fine on the street, but is meant for a track. And he does take it to the track on occasion, which is pretty awesome. Haha
    03-26-12 07:42 AM
    at my parent's; taken from the window
    ria__x likes this.
    03-26-12 08:34 AM
    at my parent's; taken from the window
    i wanna live at your parents!!
    03-26-12 01:00 PM
793 ... 1819202122 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD