Admittedly, there is a bit of a glare from the flash (this is in a frame on my wall)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-11 10:42 AM
    Superb camera quality!!!
    11-03-11 08:53 AM
    11-05-11 04:29 AM
    Cool photos. I've noticed all the nice looking photos are held at about the same distance and with a lot of light. Otherwise, it just looks like another cheap camera.

That's the problem. The camera isn't as great as it could've been withou the autofocus and 8MP.

I wish someone would punch you in the face
    Quite unnecessary. It's sad you can't keep your hands to yourself; a lesson learnt by many kindergarten kids.

I also happen to be a photograph enthusiast. If you're ok with these qualities, that's absolutely fine. I have my opinion and you have yours.
    Last edited by rcheung135; 11-05-11 at 06:20 AM.
    11-05-11 06:18 AM
    Cool photos. I've noticed all the nice looking photos are held at about the same distance and with a lot of light. Otherwise, it just looks like another cheap camera.

That's the problem. The camera isn't as great as it could've been withou the autofocus and 8MP.
    See, I disagree with this part. I left a phone that had a 8MP autofocus for the 9930. With the exception of extreme close-ups with very small text or detail, the 9930 is hands down a better camera. I am NOT a camera expert and I can't tell you all of the differences between an autofocus and an edof. All I know is that almost all of my pics look great.

the three above images were taken in very low light (i could not read the card in front of me, and i have perfect vision).

the two above pics were taken in the complete dark. I shut myself in our coat closet and did a couple of zooms.

For my picture taking needs these are fantastic results. I mean honestly, who is going to be taking super-closeup fine detail shots in the complete dark? On second thought, don't answer that.
    11-05-11 08:47 AM
    On a side note, I also own a Canon Rebel K2 EOS... and the shots are only marginally better. Like I said, though, I would not even classify myself as an amateur photographer... this is just an average Joe's opinion.
    11-05-11 08:53 AM
    Quite unnecessary. It's sad you can't keep your hands to yourself; a lesson learnt by many kindergarten kids.

I also happen to be a photograph enthusiast. If you're ok with these qualities, that's absolutely fine. I have my opinion and you have yours.
    Your original comment was also quite unnecessary... and if you read mine more carefully, I didn't say I would do it, just that someone else would do it. I understand we both have opinions, but your original comment came across as an Apple troll whether you meant to or not.
    11-05-11 09:20 AM
    I was a little worried about not having Auto Focus, but this photos proved mi wrong...

dimm0k likes this.
    11-29-11 11:10 PM
    sorry, double post...
    11-29-11 11:10 PM
    Can someone take a picture of documents, aka printed text? I made a topic about posting pictures from the Bold and people said my topic was stupid, I really want this phone but the camera concerns and bricking are two areas that really hold me back from getting rid of my Torch2.
    11-29-11 11:38 PM
    Some folks will complain about a thing being "less than" something else, because it says so on a spec sheet...even though the difference between the two might not otherwise make a real difference or even noticed! I love my new 9900!
    11-29-11 11:50 PM
    Can someone take a picture of documents, aka printed text? I made a topic about posting pictures from the Bold and people said my topic was stupid, I really want this phone but the camera concerns and bricking are two areas that really hold me back from getting rid of my Torch2.
    not to call you lazy or anything but if you go through this thread you'll find plenty of pics taken to printed documents...
    11-29-11 11:57 PM
    I'm still trying to find a reason to buy the 9930. It seems Verizon won't get that other, cheaper "autofocus" bold.

The daylight photos look fine, but that is hardly the issue. It's the macro stuff.

The convenience of snapping a photo of a document and immediately sending it to others is HUGE... and it is probably an underused (and unrealized) feature of phones in general.

You can't do that with a camera or most xerox machines. In fact, it is faster and easier to do it with a phone than when I'm next to a computer/scanner! With my 9650, the darn "scans" look fantastic, too.

I am holding out hope that there is a solution for the 9930 or that Verizon will get a version of that newer budget bold.

I'd pay RIM $350 on contract for a proper camera. Honestly, I didn't know that ANY camera of even the cheapest price still used fixed focus lenses.
    11-30-11 05:40 AM
  14. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    photos are fine with the Bold 9900 but i think they were better with my bold 9700 ... imo ... but love the bold 9900 otherwise!!!!
    11-30-11 06:34 AM
    I'm still trying to find a reason to buy the 9930. It seems Verizon won't get that other, cheaper "autofocus" bold.

The daylight photos look fine, but that is hardly the issue. It's the macro stuff.
    There are some good examples of the macro stuff in this thread.
    11-30-11 07:12 AM

The convenience of snapping a photo of a document and immediately sending it to others is HUGE... and it is probably an underused (and unrealized) feature of phones in general.

You can't do that with a camera or most xerox machines. In fact, it is faster and easier to do it with a phone than when I'm next to a computer/scanner! With my 9650, the darn "scans" look fantastic, too.

I am holding out hope that there is a solution for the 9930 or that Verizon will get a version of that newer budget bold.

I'd pay RIM $350 on contract for a proper camera. Honestly, I didn't know that ANY camera of even the cheapest price still used fixed focus lenses.
    examples from this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6593223

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6627881

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6590705

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post6593194

if you ask me thats fine enough for a "scan and send" dont you think?
    ubizmo likes this.
    11-30-11 07:45 AM
    This was taken yesterday, and I actually realized afterwards I could have gotten a better picture if I had cleaned my lens first. Hah.

12-01-11 10:04 AM

Last edited by jamesbondOO7; 12-01-11 at 10:17 AM.
    12-01-11 10:10 AM
    This should be stickied, the same with an existing "post your 9900 screen!" Thread, if it's not already created.
    12-01-11 11:45 AM
    Camera is good IMO - not the best but does its job.
    I have one complaint - The Flash:

That's my only issue -_-

Here's some other photos:

smileymickey likes this.
    12-01-11 11:47 AM
    heres some that ave got
    12-01-11 06:21 PM
    i cant take a photo of text clearly no matter what i do, my old berry had no problem with that; also makes those qr code things almost impossible to scan. But for anything not close up the camera is pretty decent imho
    12-01-11 07:54 PM
    i cant take a photo of text clearly no matter what i do, my old berry had no problem with that; also makes those qr code things almost impossible to scan. But for anything not close up the camera is pretty decent imho
    I agree with text, however I've found QRcodes to be fine, provided you use an app which compensates for the EDoF camera like App World (which isn't limited to just App World codes), text however is an entirely different story.
    12-01-11 07:57 PM
    a few.....
    12-04-11 12:34 AM
    Sometimes people just click the button and immediately move the phone... it what makes it look smooth.

Cute kids by the way
    12-04-11 08:40 AM
793 ... 1213141516 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD