i agree. i didnt buy it after reading these last couple weeks' threads. the keyboard still teases me though
    Have you thought about the 9810? I have one also. Its a really nice phone and has auto focus. I actually like the pics on the 9900 better. Some aren't as sharp but has more color than the 9810 and I get less blurred from movement shots. Both great phones so may be an option for you also
    08-26-11 01:47 PM
    this are awsome i played with my friends 9930 yesterday and they were great who needs slr camera quality from a phone? btw my 9900 arrives monday 119.00 tmo
    08-26-11 01:51 PM
    I need a phone that can take pictures of the "Gettysburg Address" written on a piece of rice! The 9900 is so lame it can't do this for me!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by olblueyez; 10-03-11 at 01:38 PM.
    08-26-11 02:04 PM
    Have you thought about the 9810? I have one also. Its a really nice phone and has auto focus. I actually like the pics on the 9900 better. Some aren't as sharp but has more color than the 9810 and I get less blurred from movement shots. Both great phones so may be an option for you also
    yes but the 9900 keyboard is bigger. i think in the end, i'll just have to learn how to take pictures with the 9900 because i'm still leaning towards it. unless i get ten bad products in a row like someone else did in a post earlier today...

and for those of you who keep saying you can use another camera for pictures, that argument is so dead since it is definitely not too much to ask for these days to combine both of them into one device.

and no need to be extreme. i dont need to take a picture of anything on a piece of rice.
    08-26-11 02:10 PM
    yes but the 9900 keyboard is bigger. i think in the end, i'll just have to learn how to take pictures with the 9900 because i'm still leaning towards it. unless i get ten bad products in a row like someone else did in a post earlier today...

and for those of you who keep saying you can use another camera for pictures, that argument is so dead since it is definitely not too much to ask for these days to combine both of them into one device.

and no need to be extreme. i dont need to take a picture of anything on a piece of rice.
    All phones, no matter how many megapixels, they still lack optical zoom, so no, they will never completely replace a dedicated camera. I've been taking some amazing shots with this camera.

08-26-11 02:15 PM
    All phones, no matter how many megapixels, they still lack optical zoom, so no, they will never completely replace a dedicated camera. I've been taking some amazing shots with this camera.

i agree. you can never replace that nikon/canon/dslr with a phone. BUT... some phones do the replacing better than others.

i'm a college student. i love just whipping out my phone to snap a pic whenever. and quite frankly, with all that tuition, i'm on a budget and won't be able to buy that awesome camera anytime soon. reasonable enough?

i'm not complaining... in fact belfastdispatcher, i'm definitely looking at your posts to learn how to take a good shot with the bold because i think i'm going to buy it.
    belfastdispatcher likes this.
    08-26-11 02:19 PM
    Look at these 2 photos, both taken within 10 seconds of each other, both on Night mode but one with flash on. Quite amazing really as it was almost dark and even the one without flash appears brighter then what it was really like.

PS, a crazy mate is going to drive this car 2000 from Belfast to Romania next week for charity lol, she calls it The Bucket OF Doom. Lol
    08-26-11 04:53 PM
    Look at these 2 photos, both taken within 10 seconds of each other, both on Night mode but one with flash on. Quite amazing really as it was almost dark and even the one without flash appears brighter then what it was really like.

PS, a crazy mate is going to drive this car 2000 from Belfast to Romania next week for charity lol, she calls it The Bucket OF Doom. Lol
    Quite excellent, i must agree. I have a few questions though. Is that the optimal distance for the camera?

Normally I like to just take photos of my friends anywhere from, ya know, 2 feet to 5 feet away. I'm guessing you think the camera will be well suited for that?

Finally, I do take pictures of textbooks from time to time as well. Zoom and flash?

Make sure you bring lots of music for that trip...
    08-26-11 04:59 PM
    OMG they DO look like crap! so unacceptable!
    08-26-11 06:45 PM
    Quite excellent, i must agree. I have a few questions though. Is that the optimal distance for the camera?

Normally I like to just take photos of my friends anywhere from, ya know, 2 feet to 5 feet away. I'm guessing you think the camera will be well suited for that?

Finally, I do take pictures of textbooks from time to time as well. Zoom and flash?

Make sure you bring lots of music for that trip...
    No it's not all that great at taking pictures of people with the flash on at 2ft indarkness as the flash is too bright and washes things out.
    08-26-11 09:40 PM
    Nice pics, really like the car! 5th gen vettes are still my favorite
    Detailed my Corvette today...found out I'm evidently severely out of line.

All taken in Auto mode, no flash. Pretty pleased actually, but yes...up close pictures blow.

LSglock89 likes this.
    08-26-11 10:01 PM
    Shot @ our fav sushi place, chef is retiring and my wife made him a cake.
    Uploaded via bridge and my playbook to wifi.
    David
    08-26-11 10:27 PM
    I'm getting the 9930 because I've been waiting for a REAL keyboard as large as possible. Still have my 4 yr old Bold 9000. I played with one at Verizon today and the pictures and video are way more than sufficient.

If you need higher resolution or better macro features, seriously you need to get a camera, not a cell phone.
    08-26-11 11:54 PM
    awesome pics. they are so f***ing bright.. jeezzz...i havent taken any pics with mine but i hope it will be clear like yours.
    LSglock89 likes this.
    08-27-11 12:10 AM
    It was almost sunset, what do you expect. Look how the flash filled the whole picture though, even far away from the car, makes it look like daylight even though it was almost dark.
    08-27-11 02:43 AM
    It's a cell phone! Geez. Does your camera makes calls? Don't get the 9900. Who cares!
    lophreaque likes this.
    08-27-11 03:38 AM
    Took a few snaps for you guys, all different scenarios - the camera is pretty usable actually.

Txt mode, digital zoom ~25%, with flash

1-2 feet distance inside my car

Quick snap taken out my window while I rolled by around 5-10km/h

Night mode with a steady hand
    belfastdispatcher and Guatiao like this.
    08-27-11 03:39 AM
    Shot @ our fav sushi place, chef is retiring and my wife made him a cake.
    Uploaded via bridge and my playbook to wifi.
    David
    thank god that the last letter in the pic wasnt misspelled...
    08-27-11 05:37 AM
    thank god that the last letter in the pic wasnt misspelled...
    Ha! Yeah, we have known him since before OsamA became a household word...
    08-27-11 08:17 AM
    Hey, that was cool, I did the formatting of the "A" from my Playbook keyboard.
    08-27-11 08:19 AM
    These are just random shots I have taken with my 9900.
    The one with my 3 mates was taken is a dark club, where flash was used, I was stod a few feet away.
    The quality isn't amazinf but its great for what I need it for
    Ps - as you can probably the dog is the main subject LOL

Guatiao likes this.
    08-27-11 08:25 AM
    Meh its not showing them all
    08-27-11 08:27 AM
    Lets try again...

Guatiao likes this.
    08-27-11 08:28 AM
    awesome pics. they are so f***ing bright.. jeezzz...i havent taken any pics with mine but i hope it will be clear like yours.
    Thanks guys...C5 is my favorite as well. It just has a very classic, almost sophisticated look and I love it. The C6 has grown on me, but I plan on keeping this one for awhile.
    08-27-11 09:25 AM
    Took a few snaps for you guys, all different scenarios - the camera is pretty usable actually.

Txt mode, digital zoom ~25%, with flash

1-2 feet distance inside my car

Quick snap taken out my window while I rolled by around 5-10km/h

Night mode with a steady hand
    Thanks for all your pics! What about a few of your Subie? Impreza owner here...
    yeedub likes this.
    08-27-11 02:29 PM
793 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD