Cute kids, and the pics look great. Thanks for sharing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 02:03 AM
    Pics are all very nice and thread has been great in making my decision not to get the Bold 9900.

Close-up pics are all I use a phone camera for. Posting to facebook and sending to friends of mostly small objects that i would like to fill up the whole of the pic. For one reason or another, I also find myself taking pics of text in documents and would prefer more crisp.

Shame the new Curves are also EDoF. Hopefully the rumoured Bold 9790 will keep the auto-focus or I will have to go for the bulkier 9810 or stay on OS6 with the 9780.
    08-23-11 07:47 AM
    Night Shot, Auto mode (probably should have put on night mode, but it still turned out nicely!)

Sorry I have to disagree, its unfortunately blurry and not clear although the source makes for a good picture. I would have liked to see full on night mode too.
    08-23-11 08:16 AM
    from Toronto, but went to PNC Park in Pit, PA. Really nice park!!

08-23-11 08:30 AM
    Sorry I have to disagree, its unfortunately blurry and not clear although the source makes for a good picture. I would have liked to see full on night mode too.
    I was just surprised that the device was able to capture that much light when it was so dark outside. Flash was on and it was in auto mode.

Again, it probably would have turned out better if the flash was off and it was in night mode, not sure.
    08-23-11 09:43 AM
    I was just surprised that the device was able to capture that much light when it was so dark outside. Flash was on and it was in auto mode.

Again, it probably would have turned out better if the flash was off and it was in night mode, not sure.
    It would've made a huge difference, try it again, this time turn flash off, set it to night mode and keep a steady hand. Watch the magic happen. I would recommend to set it to night mode even on a cloudy day. It's for "dim outdoor scenes"

SaMaster14 likes this.
    08-23-11 10:04 AM
    Would be great to see some more dusk/evening shots to get a feel for the camera in those situations.
    08-23-11 10:19 AM

Dark room... no zoom, auto settings
    08-23-11 01:10 PM
    Difference between Auto and Night mode
    OniBerry and Snafufubar like this.
    08-23-11 03:00 PM
    Well for basic pictures I am glad to see it is not horrible like people were making it out to be
    08-23-11 03:03 PM
    why do some pictures seem pixelated / grainy ?? But other pictures seem absolutely amazing ?
    08-23-11 04:53 PM
    Dark lighting pictures are generally grainy, regardless of AF/EDoF.
    08-23-11 04:55 PM
    why do some pictures seem pixelated / grainy ?? But other pictures seem absolutely amazing ?
    Maybe they used the digital zoom.

08-23-11 05:02 PM

Guatiao, JR A and Snafufubar like this.
    08-23-11 05:24 PM
    Keep them coming people - thanks for taking the time to shoot and post!
    08-23-11 05:26 PM
    Quick snap shot.

[IMG][/IMG]
    08-24-11 03:27 PM
    I came to this forum just to see if my camera was defective. Apparently and unfortunately, it's not.

People, BB has officially rolled back all technological advancements in cell phone cameras by a good 5 years.

It's that bad.

I stayed away from all the "toy" phones on the market because I am a heavy business user. And you know what heavy business users do? Take a lot of pictures. Especially pics of documents. I was literally using the camera on my 2-year old Bold as a scanner... and it was a good one at that. My new 9930 couldn't take a decent picture of a document if its life depended on it. If you hold the camera right and get the lighting sufficient, is the text readable? Yes, it is. But I could never forward it to my work colleagues... it's blurry and a major PITA to read.
    08-24-11 05:25 PM
    Detailed my Corvette today...found out I'm evidently severely out of line.

All taken in Auto mode, no flash. Pretty pleased actually, but yes...up close pictures blow.

Guatiao and andres_LC like this.
    08-25-11 08:05 PM
    I think for what it is worth the camera is okay for a cell phone. attached is the latest picture taken
    Guatiao likes this.
    08-26-11 09:25 AM
    in the camera option...enable image stabilization. it helps with taking photo if you have shaky hands. i find the quaily of the photo to be better then my torch 9800. the review did scare me at one point, but after using it to take pictures...you'll be suprise how the pictures comes out. it looks great. seems like agreat family you have there op. =)
    08-26-11 11:56 AM
    Here is a shot I took yesterday at lunch.
    08-26-11 01:16 PM
    ^ yea that picture is not gonna cut it...
    08-26-11 01:17 PM
    The pictures get attached at a third of the real size, they upload at 500kb, the full size is 1.6mb
    08-26-11 01:26 PM
    Looks good to me. Cuts it just fine. This probobly isn't the phone for you.
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    08-26-11 01:31 PM
    Looks good to me. Cuts it just fine. This probobly isn't the phone for you.
    i agree. i didnt buy it after reading these last couple weeks' threads. the keyboard still teases me though
    08-26-11 01:34 PM
793 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD