To give you a sense of the size, this pic was taken earlier without this new technique.
    08-17-11 12:16 PM
    I think the issue is now solved, use close up mode, pull back and zoom in and use the flash. In normal close up mode with autofocus the flash actually distorts the subject but with the 9900 because you're backing away from the subject, the flash actually helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-11 12:20 PM
    And here it is folks, I really hope this one puts it to rest, a sample of signatures from my proof of delivery sheets.
    08-17-11 01:14 PM
    I hope that people saying that the speed of the camera on the 9900 is amazing realise that it will take longer to step back, zoom, adjust the lighting and shoot than to just press the button on a phone which has AF.
    And yes, the flash is mandatory if you're inside. Otherwise your pictures end up being very grainy with that technique.
    08-17-11 03:03 PM
    super cute kids... Nice pics

08-17-11 03:08 PM
    I hope that people saying that the speed of the camera on the 9900 is amazing realise that it will take longer to step back, zoom, adjust the lighting and shoot than to just press the button on a phone which has AF.
    And yes, the flash is mandatory if you're inside. Otherwise your pictures end up being very grainy with that technique.
    Dude, when we say the camera is fast we mean we can take clear shots of fast moving subjects, kids, cars, sports etc or clear shots with a shaky hand for whatever reason, in an off road car for example, when you're bouncing about.

08-17-11 03:41 PM
    For people wanting more examples, I suggest taking a look at the reviews made by Phonearena:
    Here are the pictures taken with a 9930
    RIM BlackBerry Bold 9930 Review - Camera, Multimedia, Internet, Connectivity and Software
    And those taken with a 9810
    RIM BlackBerry Torch 9810 Review - Camera, Multimedia, Internet, Connectivity and Software

It's great because the reviewer was carrying all 3 phones on him at the same time, so he was able to take shots of the same things with the different phones.
    The macro shots are, of course, horrible on a 9930, but even the other type of pictures don't look better, most of the time.
    Last edited by ofutur; 08-17-11 at 03:45 PM.
    08-17-11 03:42 PM
    I was always told, "it's the user, not the tool." Seriously, find the tool that works for you and move on.

08-17-11 07:48 PM
    Breakfast and a keyboard? how so?
    I've repressed the details, but I have a vague, nauseous recollection of some pasty, cottage cheese looking thighs on a fat chick. People need to keep their fetish shots in the appropriate venue.
    08-17-11 08:48 PM
    Attachment 91759

here is my picture taken with my new Bold
    08-19-11 08:49 AM
    I'm glad you're liking it rachet!! As you said it works for you & that's all that really matters, whether we disagree about the camera or not. BlackBerry users have waited what seems like an eternity for some good hardware and finally received it. Enjoy it. It's only the beginning.

@cenloe I agree about the fanboy thing and if it was the iPhone 5 that had lack of AF, OMG it would be the end of the world. But I am a firm believer that you pick the device that's right for you. I think many loyal BB users have been waiting for this device for so long they can deal with the camera. It's def not AF, but good for anything up close so I think that makes it usable for most. )
    Hey but watch. The new IP5 will also have edof camera. Steve will talk about the benefits and add a special macro mode and all will be right with the world lol.
    08-19-11 09:29 AM
    Bold 9900 owners will be easily spotted in restaurants, stepping on chairs to take pictures of their meal or the menu
    BS just for you

this is just auto mode and shoot. not the zoom in
    Last edited by ratchetjaw; 08-19-11 at 10:01 AM.
    08-19-11 09:56 AM
    Looks good... even though it looks like it's from McD's
    08-19-11 10:20 AM
    Lol it was. Have a 3yr old in the house that loves the golden arches
    08-19-11 10:22 AM
    Now I'm hungry lol

08-19-11 10:27 AM
    My close up pictures seem to be getting better every day.
    08-19-11 12:19 PM
    my close up pictures seem to be getting better every day.
    wow! That's the best close up pic yet.
    08-19-11 01:12 PM
    Looks great
    08-19-11 01:15 PM
    Nice photo. The only person that won’t satisfy will be pythons.
    dimm0k likes this.
    08-19-11 01:22 PM
    Nice photo. The only person that won�t satisfy will be pythons.
    lol

10 char
    08-19-11 01:29 PM
    what did you do to take it?
    08-19-11 01:30 PM
    what did you do to take it?
    It's easy, keep the phone 20cm away, zoom in close and force the flash on. Oh, and I used the text mode as opposed to close up mode.

08-19-11 01:33 PM
    It's easy, keep the phone 20cm away, zoom in close and force the flash on. Oh, and I used the text mode as opposed to close up mode.

thank you!
    08-19-11 03:30 PM
    08-19-11 06:06 PM
    Nice photo. The only person that won�t satisfy will be pythons.
    What was the date of those purchases & the total amount spent?
    ...You can't expense that because it lacks critical information.
    ...So yeah, it didn't satisfy me.

Zoom it out so the whole tape can be observed and you should see what I've been saying.
    08-19-11 07:19 PM
793 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD