With my new BB-9780, I see that my pictures are displayed in the order of "Date".

I recalled with the BB-9700, the sort order was based on filenames.

I went to Options, the Sort Episodes only offers 2 choices: "Oldest to Newest" or "Newest to Oldest".

Is there any way I can make it to sort on filenames, easier to control the display order.
    mrskittens likes this.
    12-10-10 02:59 PM
    Correct 9780 OS 6 only have those two sort options.....

On the 9700 it's different.
    12-10-10 03:02 PM
    Not liking this. With the other BB, I could organize the display order by filenames. Now I cannot control the display at all.

Hope this will be corrected in the next update.
    12-11-10 06:43 AM
    i have a lot of subfolders in my "pictures" folder and on my 9700 i could see the subfolders now i dont, is there a way to see te sub folders?
    12-13-10 10:07 AM
    I actually prefer it by date because when you used to would go and try to attach a file and try to look for the file, it would take FOREVER because blackberry's have a weird system of naming files and for me it was easier to have it by date because more often than not, the photo that I wanted to upload was the most recent one taken!
    12-13-10 10:15 AM
    i have a lot of subfolders in my "pictures" folder and on my 9700 i could see the subfolders now i dont, is there a way to see te sub folders?
    I do see all the subfolders in ""Pictures".
    12-13-10 02:12 PM
    I do see all the subfolders in ""Pictures".
    how?can u post a pic?
    12-13-10 02:45 PM
    I did not do anything. All the subfolders were organized properly by itself after I switched from BB-9700.
    12-15-10 08:49 AM
    With my new BB-9780, I see that my pictures are displayed in the order of "Date".

I recalled with the BB-9700, the sort order was based on filenames.

I went to Options, the Sort Episodes only offers 2 choices: "Oldest to Newest" or "Newest to Oldest".

Is there any way I can make it to sort on filenames, easier to control the display order.
    THIS is driving me nuts. Torch has the same problem. I can't believe that I can't sort them alphabetically or numerically, or better yet "Move" them like icons on the home screen. Anyone found a way to do this, to sort or order within a folder by any method besides by date? Thank you in advance.
    07-24-11 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD