i did the whole black bazel, red keyboard number, black side button etc etc conversion a while back but never took any photos of it.

neways long story short ive been using no case because i had rubber cases to hard cases and it was either too cheap and rubbery feeling to making the bold too huge and bulky for my pocket. ( i'm very against belt clip things )

Neways i saw the ISkin's Vibe on the main page of crackberry here the other day and went to their webpage and looked for local retailers ( most were apple stores for the iphone) but i did find a place that carrys it that is not a apple store so i went today and found it!

Neways i thought it was plastic and two piece. i was wrong.

It's rubber!!! however its not cheap easily stretched rubber.
    the part that goes around the bazel is very nice and feels and looks like a very thin plastic but is actually rubber. the back looks great as well and feels like the "fo-leather" that comes with the bold's orginal back cover. so it feels great in my hands! it is very thin yet protective and doesnt feel rubbery and horrible nor does it feel too bulky!

one thing i dont like is that i wont be able to use my charge pod with it.

the side buttons, micro SD slot unacessable.
    the 2 convenient buttons are easily pressed and useable as are the volume controls.

the Standby button however is impossible to use.

ALSO the flaps that cover the headphone piece and the charging piece is kinda anoying to me but is easily fixed by just cutting it off since its a flap and held together by only a small side of it .

neways here are the pictures.

P.s. this case is a One Piece. just like normal rubber ones offered by Blackberry themselves but much better quality

------- UPDATE!!

Cnn.cn sent my purple ball! took about 5 days to get

here some pics of it.

Last edited by Vendettx; 09-23-09 at 11:28 PM.
    09-21-09 12:02 AM
    Wow that looks awesome! Good job! I'm from Australia and am very interested in getting one of the covers for my bold, preferablly black, can anyone tell me if i can order one like that off the net? If so, where?

Thanks!
    09-21-09 12:10 AM
    09-21-09 12:11 AM
    I've got a black one and also like it. I ordered mine from Amazon for only $18.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-09 06:00 AM
    Nice skin...looks real good!
    09-21-09 06:09 AM
    Very nice review! This looks like the perfect skin for me. It looks like it feels really good in the hand. How easily does it go in and out of the pocket?
    09-21-09 09:23 AM
    Looks great it makes the bold not too fat like other skins
    09-21-09 10:49 AM
    Looks great! Will have to check it out...

Off topic, but what camera/lens did you use? Pretty high aperture it seems and maybe even some vignetting...or was that just post processing in Adobe Photoshop?
    09-21-09 10:57 AM
    I used a 5D Mark II with 16-35 2.8L. And ps was only used to resize vig is from the lense I need to get 16-35 2.8L II. Which is so much better then the first version of it which I have

As for putting it in the pocket its very nice this case adds almost no extra size to the bold, which is why I like it so much!
    Last edited by Vendettx; 09-21-09 at 12:48 PM.
    09-21-09 12:32 PM
    Nice! I better not let my wife see the purple or she'll steel my Bold and do the same to it.
    09-21-09 06:20 PM
    Awww man!

I just ordered a case off ebay. That looks really nice.

*going to website*
    09-21-09 07:40 PM
    I used a 5D Mark II with 16-35 2.8L. And ps was only used to resize vig is from the lense I need to get 16-35 2.8L II. Which is so much better then the first version of it which I have

As for putting it in the pocket its very nice this case adds almost no extra size to the bold, which is why I like it so much!
    Now that's a problem an XSi/450D owner would like to have! Sorry for the OT again.
    09-22-09 07:54 AM
    I have this case and cut the piece for the standby button off so now I can use the standby button.
    I have autostandby so it works very well.

The case itself is very durable and doesn't add too much bulk to the phone, maybe even less
    Than the OEM skin. I would definitely recommend it.

09-22-09 11:56 AM
    looks cool, great case thinking about getting one my self
    09-22-09 01:24 PM
    Is it easy to get in and out of your pocket or does the rubber stick to the inside of your pocket. I got the incipio dermashot and it just loves staying inside my pants, thinking of returning it.
    09-22-09 02:32 PM
    I have this case and cut the piece for the standby button off so now I can use the standby button.
    I have autostandby so it works very well.

The case itself is very durable and doesn't add too much bulk to the phone, maybe even less
    Than the OEM skin. I would definitely recommend it.

AH! thats a good idea but i dont use standby so i dont mind it i did however cut out the tab that "protects" the mini usb charger section because it was anoying its pretty flush with the cut and looks great still so no problems here.

as for it going in and out of your pocket the back is made to feel like the fo-leather and the sides feel like plastic kinda just softer so no it doesnt stretch or stick like other cheap quality ones
    09-22-09 03:07 PM
    woooooow, awesome .. I love it
    09-22-09 07:34 PM
    screw the phone and case, that camera set-up is sa-weet! you need to do ALL the pics of people's phones on here, because every device pic i've seen on here BLOW!

i'm lookin' to get a 12 -24, 2.8 for my nikon myself. "wider, the better" i always say. (lol)
    09-22-09 10:39 PM
    Haha yea I have a lot of fun with this lense since the 5DMKII is full frame so my 16-35 is actually 16 on the wide end and not 16x1.6 which would make it 25.6

09-22-09 11:37 PM
    Purple trackball came today for this phone and it looks sick with this case I'm at dinner right now but ill post pics of It when I get home

09-23-09 10:20 PM
    added pics to post #1
    09-23-09 11:29 PM
    where do you get the colored trackball??

how do you install it?
    10-12-09 10:34 AM
    Very nice, makes me want to do one up in red.
    10-13-09 10:53 PM

Not a fan of purple at all, but on your phone, purple is pretty bangin'.
    10-13-09 11:35 PM
    The skin looks pretty sweet. Since there are no speaker holes, how is the quality while using the speakers?
    Last edited by druha; 10-14-09 at 12:20 AM.
    10-14-09 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD