Hi guys,

Serious question here.

I've got some stuff going on in my personal life at the moment and am suspicious that something may be up.

In recent weeks my phone has been performing a bit strangely. Occasional clicking on the line, static sounds. The network itself seems to roam a lot (in the UK, Orange & T-Mobile have a shared network, so when it moves from my Orange network to T-Mobile I'm considered to be roaming).

Also there seems to be a lot of data being sent to and from my phone but I honestly don't know if this is any different to the usual.

Then, the other day I got a letter in the post from Orange congratulating me on signing up for their business account. I did no such thing. I haven't called them yet but will do.

Is it possible I have spyware installed on my phone? If so, how do I find it?

Any suggestions welcome, thanks.
    07-27-11 04:25 AM
    Not impossible, but highly unlikely. Obviously, you need to call Orange and get that sorted out. It's possible somebody at another carrier tried activating your IMEI on their network.

It's very unlikely that you have any phone-tapping software installed. As far as I know the software would have to have been made by RIM. I speculate that it's possible that a hardware modification was made to the physical device, but that's some James Bond stuff.

To be sure about the software part, you can backup your data only, wipe using BBSAK and then reload an OS.
    07-27-11 10:10 AM
    I suspect IMEI cloning, which is illegal. They're likely using your information. I recommend calling the carrier and settling everything. Do so after wiping the OS completely off with BBSAK and loading the lates they have available also using BBSAK.

Backup first, before wiping. Let us know what happened and how it went through and how it was handled.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-11 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD