i have a rogers bold and i set it down and it reset the phone, now it is in a constant black screen (red light on) to white screen (time clock moving) till time clock stops then reboots again... over and over again.. any suggestions?
    02-18-09 01:34 PM
    Start with a battery pull reset, try to get it stable after a cold boot. If this doesn't work the OS might be corrupted or lost, so review the suggestions and recovery proccess in http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

If you're still unable to get it working - your Bold has a 12 month warranty. I hope you had a recent backup for your data.
    02-18-09 01:41 PM
    Thanks man... so if this "how do i recover a dead blackberry or nuked blackberry" will i still be able to get a warranty on it even though it is 3 months old (in pristine condition) but i bought it new unlocked off of ebay?
    02-18-09 02:43 PM
    I think you have nothing to lose by trying.

Reloading the OS after a crash with an official carrier-supported vesion should NOT void your warranty. Your rights should be exactly the same as before the failure. However, you might have a big fight with Rogers (original reseller) unless you are a Rogers customer... they don't have the best reputation for support, and I'll bet your ebay seller can't/won't provide warranty service.
    02-18-09 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD