Hey guys,

Today I was in a meeting with my phone on vibrate. During the meeting a voice came over my phone and said "Entering Wireless Coverage Zone" or "Wireless Network Detected" or something along those lines. I verified that all my possible settings (phone, SMS, email, etc) were set to MUTE and VIBRATE but the voice would keep coming on.

What is strange is I have been in and out of network coverage all day with the phone on vibrate and I haven't heard anything. I ended up turning the phone off as by the 3rd time it was becoming a distraction.

I'm wondering if this had something to do with the AT&T Navigator, as I was just using it and never fully exited.

Any ideas?
    06-10-09 12:07 AM
    That's probably what it was because, even though it'd be sweet if it happened, my sexy Bold doesn't talk to me, lol.

Chris
    06-10-09 12:10 AM
    I want that!
    06-10-09 12:11 AM
    Surprisingly, I feel if I put my phone on vibrate it should not make any noise at all.
    06-11-09 09:43 AM
    That's probably what is was. But I'm with you, if it's on vibrate, that's all I want- no sound.
    06-11-09 11:21 AM
    Update:

I believe the voice alert was coming from the AT&T Navigator. Yesterday I was traveling across the state and stopped in a gas station for a snack. While inside the store, the same voice came one and stated "No GPS Coverage in this area" or something to that effect.

Upon leaving, halfway to my car the voice came on again and stated "GPS Coverage acquired" or something like that.

Granted my phone was in a ring profile, I think this is what set me up for failure at the meeting where it went off because I had used the GPS to get there.

Moral of the story: be sure to exit out the apps and check to make sure they aren't running in the background still, as there is no Notifier profile option to set for the Navigator.
    06-22-09 04:43 PM
    Update:

I believe the voice alert was coming from the AT&T Navigator. Yesterday I was traveling across the state and stopped in a gas station for a snack. While inside the store, the same voice came one and stated "No GPS Coverage in this area" or something to that effect.

Upon leaving, halfway to my car the voice came on again and stated "GPS Coverage acquired" or something like that.

Granted my phone was in a ring profile, I think this is what set me up for failure at the meeting where it went off because I had used the GPS to get there.

Moral of the story: be sure to exit out the apps and check to make sure they aren't running in the background still, as there is no Notifier profile option to set for the Navigator.
    Good info to know.
    06-22-09 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD