Need some answers why my signal is either 1 or 2 bars in my house. But full other places. I have experienced this issue with every build. I'm currently using .615. Could it be my SIM card? It is pretty scratched from switching phone so often. I use to get 4-6 bars in my house when I got my new bold and new sim. Would getting a new sim help? My sim has been used since I bought a motorola back in 06 maybe. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-11 11:16 AM
    Wouldn't hurt to try a new sim. I suggest it.

08-04-11 09:23 PM
    Need some answers why my signal is either 1 or 2 bars in my house. But full other places. I have experienced this issue with every build. I'm currently using .615. Could it be my SIM card? It is pretty scratched from switching phone so often. I use to get 4-6 bars in my house when I got my new bold and new sim. Would getting a new sim help? My sim has been used since I bought a motorola back in 06 maybe. Thanks

Your weak signal issue could be due to a variety of factors (eg. Your proximity to cell towers, phone temperature, changes or repairs your carrier may be making to their cell towers, etc.). It could also be the fact that your SIM is too old now like Rootbrian said. Best thing to do is to rule out the most obvious potential culprits, and work your way from there if eliminating one doesn't resolve the issue. The SIM would be one way. If that doesn't solve the problem, I'd talk to your carrier and get them to run some diagnostic tests on your phone to see if it's a network issue.

08-05-11 02:45 AM

Your weak signal issue could be due to a variety of factors (eg. Your home's proximity to cell towers, or repairs your carrier may be making to cell towers near your home, etc.). It could also be the fact that your SIM is too old now like Rootbrian said. Best thing to do is to rule out the most obvious potential culprits, and work your way from there. The SIM would be one way. If that doesn't solve the problem, I'd talk to your carrier and get them to run some diagnostic tests on your phone to see if it could be a network issue.

08-05-11 02:47 AM
    try to insert another sim card from the same carrier (or from any carrier if your Blackberry is unlocked) and see if you get other results.
    08-06-11 01:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD