Erasing the post because everyone seems to think that it was made for other purposes. Whatever may have caused it i dont know. But think what you want. Just dont be disrespectful towards me. Because im not being disrespectful towards you.
    Last edited by charlieb620; 06-01-10 at 04:24 PM.
    05-31-10 08:04 PM
    Hmmmm... Very Interesting. I wonder if T-Mobile is calling their 21 MBps HSDPA+ network 4G. I wonder what the speed is between the sprint 4g and T-Mobile's 21 MBps HSDPA+ network in terms of speed

-blackberry7290nerd
    05-31-10 08:27 PM
    hmmm that is interesting indeed...

no by no means take this as i dont believe you in anyway... lol just thinking out loud...

i wonder if the device/OS has a 4G icon even programmed... know what i mean? like you have the following we know of

gsm
    GSM
    gprs
    GPRS
    edge
    EDGE
    3g
    3G

be interesting to know if this is programmed into the OS or if its a service book or what... hmmm this is interesting to say the least!

EDIT:

to bad you didnt get a screen shot of that... maybe download capture it and set it to a side convenience key and try to replicate it and then be ready to take a screen capture of it...
    Last edited by c_86; 05-31-10 at 08:51 PM.
    05-31-10 08:49 PM
    What Os is the OP running. Please post back here and we should get in contact with one of guys/gals that make the beta os for the 9700 to take a look and see what the can dig up. Maybe we have a big story on our hands. Also T-Mobile just up an update out it normally takes them till the device is outdated before they give a OS Update I wonder why...

-blackberry7290nerd
    05-31-10 08:53 PM

no by no means take this as i dont believe you in anyway... lol just thinking out loud...

i wonder if the device/OS has a 4G icon even programmed... know what i mean? like you have the following we know of

gsm
    GSM
    gprs
    GPRS
    edge
    EDGE
    3g
    3G

be interesting to know if this is programmed into the OS or if its a service book or what... hmmm this is interesting to say the least!

EDIT:

to bad you didnt get a screen shot of that... maybe download capture it and set it to a side convenience key and try to replicate it and then be ready to take a screen capture of it...
    I have nothing to gain off of posting false info. As i stated before i rebooted phone and saw the change and than back to 3g. Its no possible way to get a screenshot and i have captureit installed. when the phone boots up you cant move the cursor or do any kind of action until that security verify bar is at 100%.
    05-31-10 09:20 PM
    What Os is the OP running. Please post back here and we should get in contact with one of guys/gals that make the beta os for the 9700 to take a look and see what the can dig up. Maybe we have a big story on our hands. Also T-Mobile just up an update out it normally takes them till the device is outdated before they give a OS Update I wonder why...

-blackberry7290nerd
    Im running PwnCakes newest hybrid.
    05-31-10 09:21 PM
    dude dont get me wrong... i wasn't trying to diss you in any way saying you are posting false info or anything! i find this incredibly interesting!

and i thought the 4G appeared after the security software was verified, hence why i mentioned the capture it lol i just wanna see it on the screen (again not saying i dont believe you) just wanna see it because it'd be damn cool! but since it happened during the process of verifying it, then i can see why a capture isnt possible...

again man like i said, i do believe you, just be cool if there was a screen capture
    05-31-10 10:33 PM
    dude dont get me wrong... i wasn't trying to diss you in any way saying you are posting false info or anything! i find this incredibly interesting!

and i thought the 4G appeared after the security software was verified, hence why i mentioned the capture it lol i just wanna see it on the screen (again not saying i dont believe you) just wanna see it because it'd be damn cool! but since it happened during the process of verifying it, then i can see why a capture isnt possible...

again man like i said, i do believe you, just be cool if there was a screen capture
    i was shocked when i seen it thats y i know for certain it has to be some kind of glitch. on whos end i have no idea. but i know what i saw. and yes i was sober lol.
    05-31-10 11:19 PM
    i was shocked when i seen it thats y i know for certain it has to be some kind of glitch. on whos end i have no idea. but i know what i saw. and yes i was sober lol.
    LMAO! Sry. mad eme giggle. lol
    05-31-10 11:22 PM
    I can't even get 3G to work well enough on my end to even get remotely excited for 4g...and I didn't think our 9700's were 4G compatible?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 11:52 PM
    I have tmobile 9700 unlocked running on att and u get edge right ? Once I got 3g come up ? Wtf ?

06-01-10 12:12 AM

gsm
    GSM
    gprs
    GPRS
    edge
    EDGE
    3g
    3G

EDIT:

I don't think those are icons because when I take my cellphone to Italy, it says I TIM and I mean, I doubt a phone made in Mexico for T-Mobile would have an "icon" for an Italian carrier... or I could be wrong... but I am just saying. And it seems T-Mobile is testing their "4G" on the east side, and Philly should be included.
    06-01-10 12:29 AM
    Another question I would be curious of is which theme are/were you running? If it is a downloaded theme it could also be due to a glitch if the theme designer used the 3G Font fix (making the phone say 3G for the verizon folks too) if its a stock theme then maybe your gonna be in a secret beta test! Lol j/k I don't really know what else might cause it

06-01-10 01:36 AM
    I don't think those are icons because when I take my cellphone to Italy, it says I TIM and I mean, I doubt a phone made in Mexico for T-Mobile would have an "icon" for an Italian carrier... or I could be wrong... but I am just saying. And it seems T-Mobile is testing their "4G" on the east side, and Philly should be included.
    You're talking about something completely different. What you are mentioning here is the carrier, what he was talking about was the signal.
    06-01-10 02:26 AM
    well there is not in preperation for 4G, because 4G is LTE or WIMAX, and neither of those the 9700 can handle, simple as that...

as for the 4G coming up... i wondering if it is something the carrier broadcasts thru the signal and the phone translates into a image (4G bblogo) on the device screen...

this is interesting me now lol very much so, i wanna try and figure out if its the carrier that boradcasts the signal like edge or 3g or it is something in the OS or a service book.... AHHHH i just dont know LOL
    Last edited by c_86; 06-01-10 at 09:21 AM.
    06-01-10 08:54 AM
    Another question I would be curious of is which theme are/were you running? If it is a downloaded theme it could also be due to a glitch if the theme designer used the 3G Font fix (making the phone say 3G for the verizon folks too) if its a stock theme then maybe your gonna be in a secret beta test! Lol j/k I don't really know what else might cause it

I am running DC1c theme and before that I have been using Bliss. But I have been running DC1c for 3 days now. Real simple theme. All icons hidden on today screen to showcase wallpaper.

06-01-10 09:17 AM
    pictures or it didn't happen.
    06-01-10 09:24 AM
    it's strange.. the device doesn't even support 4G network
    06-01-10 09:34 AM
    pictures or it didn't happen.
    if you would have read the other posts before making yours you would see that in the process of booting up and the security verify that captureit couldnt be accessed in order to take a screenshot.
    06-01-10 10:55 AM
    it's strange.. the device doesn't even support 4G network
    i know. thats why im pissed i couldnt get a screenshot.
    06-01-10 10:56 AM
    Anything is possible lol.

06-01-10 12:43 PM
    C'mon guys you aren't this gullible are you? Total troll BS...

06-01-10 12:59 PM
    lmao... I don't believe it either.
    06-01-10 01:09 PM
    Pi Guy - you try .680 yet?

I'm about to downgrade down to .586... 3G issues I *think* (of course could just be a bad tower...). I'm eagerly waiting .714 to hit...
    06-01-10 01:30 PM
    Pi Guy - you try .680 yet?

I'm about to downgrade down to .586... 3G issues I *think* (of course could just be a bad tower...). I'm eagerly waiting .714 to hit...
    Nah not yet. I haven't seen enough positive evidence to switch. I'm very pleased with .656 still.

But wait, .714... I thought that was killed..?
    06-01-10 01:35 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD