Okay guys so Im literally about to rip all my hairs off my head becaause im so frustrated. So I purchased a bold 9700 yesterday through craigslist. The phone was completely dead (I know i probably should've checked but she seemed very genuine) I plugged the phone into the charger and a steady red led comes on, followed by the white screen with the charging icon. Ive charged it for a couple hours now (still with the charging icon on) I try turning it on but nothing. Wait another couple hours and the same thing. Nothing but the white screen and the charging icon. Ive gone thru this whole forum for about 5 hours now, read the stoners guide to recover a phone, tried taking out the battery for 5 min, plugged the charger in without the battery till the no battery icon came up, and put the battery in and still nothing. Ive tried this at least 10 times now and its getting really really frustrating. I thought maybe i should just charge it overnight. Its been about 12 hours now and still nothing nothing but the charging icon. Im thinking maybe its the battery? but shouldn't it at least turn on? I dont know what else to do and really need a phone..never had this problem with a blackberry before.

Anybody know what could be the problem?

Any help would be appreciated you guys

Thanks in advance
    03-01-13 05:54 PM
    What a pain for you.

To ask the bleeding obvious ... did you purchase knowing it was not starting?
    Did the seller disclose this information to you prior to the cash handover?
    Can you go back to the seller for a refund or recourse?

Its sound like the battery is kaput.
    Have your tried connecting via USB to a PC and seeing if BDM will fire it up?
    03-02-13 01:43 PM
    Have you tried using another charger?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 01:47 PM
    Like others have asked, are you charging via a USB, or the wall? If USB, try the wall.

Also, download Desktop Manager, and the latest OS for that device. Install them both. Once done, connect the device to the computer, it should install some drivers, and the you can try an OS install. See if that helps...
    03-02-13 03:04 PM