I recently bought a 9700 off someone online and I poped in my sim card and i get this message. Is there a fix for it?
    04-18-10 06:57 PM
    IMEI is reported stolen
    04-19-10 01:21 PM
    Iv heard of this message before...The phone might have a botched unlock... some people can mess it up real baddly, also it may be 3rd party software that doesnt agree with the new 9700 try doing a full restore.. but before that do a little bit of research and see if it has been unlocked, a restore could lock the phone back up to its original carrier.
    04-19-10 01:28 PM
    Iv heard of this message before...The phone might have a botched unlock... some people can mess it up real baddly, also it may be 3rd party software that doesnt agree with the new 9700 try doing a full restore.. but before that do a little bit of research and see if it has been unlocked, a restore could lock the phone back up to its original carrier.
    Nice try Sean... but absolute rubbish

MM6 means the IMEI has been reported stolen, and the phone is barred by the network.
    04-19-10 02:29 PM
    Its probably barred by all networks. This happens when someone reports a phone stolen and the insurance pays out for a replacement. They then blacklist the old IMEI and that phone will never, ever connect to any network in the blacklisted country. Blacklists are almost never lifted.

This phone is useless in the country where you are trying to use it.
    04-19-10 02:38 PM
    Its probably barred by all networks. This happens when someone reports a phone stolen and the insurance pays out for a replacement. They then blacklist the old IMEI and that phone will never, ever connect to any network in the blacklisted country. Blacklists are almost never lifted.

This phone is useless in the country where you are trying to use it.
    So will the phone work in another country??
    01-30-12 12:23 PM
    To make things more clear try to use a SIM card from another carrier with your unlocked Blackberry bold 9700 first.. just take a sim for a minute to test from someone you know that uses other carrier then yours..

If it's the same issue then provably the IMEI is blacklisted..
    01-31-12 11:25 AM
    MM6 means that your sim card is not activated.
    05-17-16 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD