So, your hands are so wet from perspiration that you have troubles using a touchscreen... and you don't think maybe just maybe that has something to do with your repeated blackberry hardware failures? sounds like water damage to me
    11-19-13 06:51 PM
    get a program called TestDisc, hook up phone to pc and run that program, it will let you get the data off of it even if it is corrupted.

here ya go, found it for you. it is a command prompt ran program but it works wonders. TestDisk - Partition Recovery and File Undelete
    Also have you even called BB yet? They can get the data for you. But if it is of a sensitive matter ie: nudies and stuff like that, you probably dont want to send it there.
    This will not work. Here's why
    BB phones, regardless of BBOS, BB10/QNX, or PBOS all use a network adapter to "mount" your phone onto the computer
    You have no physical access to these partitions, so you won't be able to read anything off it unless the network adapter can connect to the phone

Now, OP, I understand English may not be your first language? If it is, I'm sorry to assume so
    But give us some time. A lot of us who have experience also work all day. We don't have time to answer 24/7. In my case, I've been using BB for 8 years now, but I study during the day, so I can't always be on forums

Back to your problem of your bricked phone.
    As far as I know, apart from physically taking apart your device, retrieving the memory and physically scanning for sectors, there is no way you can recover it. Keep in mind even if you do this, it will cost you A LOT of money, and the partition format is so unique that most software and hardware won't be able to read it.
    UNLESS it is just a hardware power source malfunction. If this is the case, you will have to send it back to BB for repairs. You would also have to ask them NOT to reload OS after repair, but even then, under warranty they say they are not responsible for the data
    All techniques and tools I personally have after 6 years of use on BBOS (I'm on QNX/BB10/PBOS now), I can tell you that there is NOTHING you can do to to save this data yourself, unless it's just a power issue. I have some developer tools, etc, but they won't help. I can think of a few things that may be wrong, such as a corrupt OS, corrupt bootloader, nvram, etc.... I know how to fix these, but you would not be able to regain ANY of your data. It will do a clean wipe.

Back to every BB nuking itself. I can tell you I have never had a BB nuke itself. I even have the laughing stock BB Storm 2 9550 still running functionally and the 9860 Torch also. Storm 2 has been out for almost 7 years now...... and I got it on day 1. So no, 99% do not nuke themselves. Maybe about 5% does. People with working phones will not post that on forums, only people with broken phones looking for solutions or complaining. That's why you keep seeing so many bad responses. I can promise you Apple iPhones don't have a lower hardware failure rate.
    I hate to say this, but from reading your many posts, you are not very literate about BBOS, and how they function. So, I wouldn't suggest trying to fix this yourself. I would take it to someone professional, because you will probably destroy any chance of recovering your data if it is even possible. I wouldn't even say it's a hardware failure before I see it myself, or someone knowledgeable can verify it.
    bombastic and Djlatino like this.
    11-19-13 06:54 PM
    Seems to me your just want to rant and are using hyperbole to knock all thing BB. One thing about ANY piece of tech: sh** happens and things die for no seeming reason- get over your attitude. If data in your phone was the main issue, you should have backed everything regularly: I even back up my SD card!! First felt sorry for you, but every subsequent response got shinier and combative, so just write this up as lesson learned!!! AND, by the way, your use of "literally" SO misplaced, dude!
    11-19-13 06:56 PM
    So, your hands are so wet from perspiration that you have troubles using a touchscreen... and you don't think maybe just maybe that has something to do with your repeated blackberry hardware failures? sounds like water damage to me
    I wouldn't necessarily blame the sweaty hands. But I will say if you have all your BB nuking themselves, it's more than likely it's user error
    I have 4 BB devices on me right now, not a single problem from them.
    If what OP says is true and only 0.1% don't nuke themselves, the chances of that are 0.001^4 = 0.000000001 =
    1 in every 100 million.
    I am really that lucky? Maybe I should go buy lottery
    bombastic likes this.
    11-19-13 06:59 PM
    Hi Ca-1,

Did you get any answer for this problem? I have the same problem with my Blackberry 9900.
    I'm trying to get some info here to solve it.
    11-21-13 04:32 AM
    Anyone please help me,,,I have same problem with this thread,,what happen is i just finish to update my bb9900 to the latest software, then after few minutes its dead,,there is no light, cannot detect on my laptop, and not charging,,, as in no response coming from my phone.....
    I dont know what happen,,,,please help!!
    11-21-13 05:29 AM
    Anyone please help me,,,I have same problem with this thread,,what happen is i just finish to update my bb9900 to the latest software, then after few minutes its dead,,there is no light, cannot detect on my laptop, and not charging,,, as in no response coming from my phone.....
    I dont know what happen,,,,please help!!
    You have a soft brick. OP.... I'm not sure what he has
    You have to run loader.exe with the battery out. It will connect to the bootrom directly instead of the JVM, which is currently dead
    It should be able to revive
    11-24-13 12:39 AM
    SO...after 4 new Bold's because BlackBerry site, as well as all others I found, were NOT helpful and my supplier just kept giving me a new one...
    each phone worked for a couple months to 4 months...I bought a new battery and BAM...problem solved...the original batteries seem to develope a short in them in a very short time.
    12-01-13 11:49 AM
    Hai everyone i m using bb 9900. i had same problem mobile not turn on&led light. anyone help this.Old battery Has emerged full-blown then mobile going to switched off. i bought a new battery in 1500 rs. but not turn on ...
    12-26-13 04:32 AM
    Phone is Literally DEAD, NO Red Light, NO PC CONNECTION, No Nothing

Hello Everyone, my 9900 is literally dead, I really need to make it work back again and I need to be able to see the files I had inside of this crappy machine. So I need to make the phone work just like before.

Phone doesn't charge, no battery icon on the screen when I take the battery off etc., no sign of life. So frustrating.

Please someone help me, I red a lot of posts on here and on BB's official forum but all they said was charge the phone for 2 hours without the battery do this do that...

I did those and they DON'T work so please don't tell the same useless thing. I need a REAL SOLUTION asap. I would be very grateful if anyone can help me fix it. Thanks a lot.
    Pull out the battery, Download a clean ROM, a lower version is better. Delete Vendor document, open App loader, connect to computer, when app loader read your device, click next at once.
    If this method doesn't work, it might be the matter of hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    12-26-13 04:45 PM
60 123