Thanks, I'm still waiting certain answer on how to check it. But AFAIK you can't view them without loading them on a new phone. So this sadly means I will simply have to buy another BB to see my back up. Anyway first I need to make sure if I have the back up or not :/
    Or borrow a friend's phone. Do a backup of a friend's phone, restore your backup, grab your data, then restore the friend's backup.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1055 using CB10
    11-19-13 01:01 PM
    Please read my OP carefully. The main problem is my personal information is inside the phone... So I need to make it work back to get them.

Dude if your phone is completely dead but you need the data inside you will have to call either your carrier or BlackBerry and find if they can do an emergency restore of the damaged components inside the device allow them to access and restore whatever data (if any) is usable. To perform this kind of service may cost you thousands. So be prepared!
    11-19-13 01:03 PM
    Or borrow a friend's phone. Do a backup of a friend's phone, restore your backup, grab your data, then restore the friend's backup.

I haven't seen anyone using BB anymore. I was the last survivor until mine became useless too.
    11-19-13 01:06 PM
    Dude if your phone is completely dead but you need the data inside you will have to call either your carrier or BlackBerry and find if they can do an emergency restore of the damaged components inside the device allow them to access and restore whatever data (if any) is usable. To perform this kind of service may cost you thousands. So be prepared!
    I don't see how my carrier or Blackberry itself can help. A lot of people have read this thread and so far no one knows how to fix it or what to do. If this many people doesn't know how, then I honestly can't see my carrier helping me on it
    11-19-13 01:08 PM
    Few minutes ago I found a file named BB Bold 9900 Backup by luck but the files size is way too less so I think it's not it? 600kb sounds so small :S
    11-19-13 01:11 PM
    You should probably go to the nearest mobile service centre , they might just reboot and flash the phone but I don't think you might really get the data in it

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    11-19-13 01:11 PM
    You should probably go to the nearest mobile service centre , they might just reboot and flash the phone but I don't think you might really get the data in it

Yeah that is the problem. Also I can't trust someone I don't know to do it on another PC. You never know...
    11-19-13 01:17 PM
    Well in that case you need to to go to an authorised BlackBerry service centre and write down the case of your phone, possibly they might help with your request and maybe you can get your data back

Posted via CB10
    11-19-13 01:25 PM
    Let's start at the beginning. Do you have a PC? What happens when you plug the BB in to the PC?
    11-19-13 01:26 PM
    Well in that case you need to to go to an authorised BlackBerry service centre and write down the case of your phone, possibly they might help with your request and maybe you can get your data back

Posted via CB10
    There is no such a thing in the country I live thanks for trying to help though.
    11-19-13 01:34 PM
    Let's start at the beginning. Do you have a PC? What happens when you plug the BB in to the PC?
    As I said in the title, NOTHING
    11-19-13 01:35 PM
    Few minutes ago I found a file named BB Bold 9900 Backup by luck but the files size is way too less so I think it's not it? 600kb sounds so small :S
    Anyone?
    11-19-13 01:39 PM
    You have to be patient. People here are helping you as much as possible.

I am looking at all the backups I created when I owned a BBOS device. The last one I made, just before I migrated to BB10, is a .bbb file, and is listed as 18,180 KB in size. Keep in mind that I backed up my device at least once a month, and usually once a week.
    11-19-13 01:47 PM
    I'm not familiar with BlackBerry Device Manager, but you should be able to find it somewhere in there. I'm not sure if BDM allows you to view backups without loading them onto a phone. If it's anything like BlackBerry Link (for BB10) you can't, but BDM had much more control over this sort of stuff, I'm told.

Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager then you can check in the settings where the backups are saved to.
    It normally creates a folder on your pc called BlackBerry or something of the sorts if you didn't specify where you wanted it to save to.
    Or you can try search for a file with a *.bbb extension.
    If you find one you can extract all your contacts from that backup to an excel file.
    Works like a charm

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    11-19-13 01:48 PM
    Have you had any memory card in your phone ??

11-19-13 01:53 PM
    You have to be patient. People here are helping you as much as possible.

I am looking at all the backups I created when I owned a BBOS device. The last one I made, just before I migrated to BB10, is a .bbb file, and is listed as 18,180 KB in size. Keep in mind that I backed up my device at least once a month, and usually once a week.
    So you think my back up is not the full back up ? Probably not full right?
    11-19-13 01:58 PM
    Have you had any memory card in your phone ??

Yes I removed the Micro SD and will check it tomorrow but first I need to buy a micro sd reader or adaptor. Also not everything is stored in that memory card sadly...
    11-19-13 01:59 PM
    Thanks, I'm still waiting certain answer on how to check it. But AFAIK you can't view them without loading them on a new phone. So this sadly means I will simply have to buy another BB to see my back up. Anyway first I need to make sure if I have the back up or not :/
    Not true at all.
    It's definitely do able.
    You can definitely extract the info as I posted above, granted that you had actually backed the info up.

Another quick question, when you plug your device into the pc have you tried the following in exactly this order:
    Take the battery out the device
    On your pc open the loader/app loader exe, normally found in program files>common files>research in motion>app loader (windows should find it with a search)
    Run the application
    Click next
    Plug the usb in with the battery out
    Watch that connection box closely, your device may only pop up for second, so you have to be quick enough to catch it.
    If something does pop up its a clear indication that their is still life in that 9900
    If you get it to detect then you can pop the battery back in and carry on trying to backup the device from the app loader instead of the DM.

If this does by some chance work, you might want to look into downloading the latest OS software for the device. You will install it using the app loader as well.

If you've already tried exactly that, then you have my apologies for contributing useless information

Last edited by MiSsY_; 11-19-13 at 02:14 PM.
    11-19-13 02:04 PM
    Yes I removed the Micro SD and will check it tomorrow but first I need to buy a micro sd reader or adaptor. Also not everything is stored in that memory card sadly...
    If you have a digital camera that will read the sd card, you might just need a card adapter but most micro sds do come with one

Your backup might have just been a standard backup, also if you didn't specifically select to backup your memory card when you do a device backup, then that would also have a large effect on your backup size.
    The only way to know what's in that backup is to extract the file and see what's in it
    11-19-13 02:06 PM
    Charge it and you will be good to go .
    11-19-13 02:12 PM
    If you have a digital camera that will read the sd card, you might just need a card adapter but most micro sds do come with one

Your backup might have just been a standard backup, also if you didn't specifically select to backup your memory card when you do a device backup, then that would also have a large effect on your backup size.
    The only way to know what's in that backup is to extract the file and see what's in it
    How can I extract it? File is only 600 kb thats why I think smth must be wrong but who knows.
    11-19-13 02:15 PM
    Charge it and you will be good to go .
    I'm sorry for saying this but you deserved it,

No Sh*t Sherlock?
    11-19-13 02:16 PM
    I don't see how my carrier or Blackberry itself can help. A lot of people have read this thread and so far no one knows how to fix it or what to do. If this many people doesn't know how, then I honestly can't see my carrier helping me on it
    If you are BlackBerry device is broken maybe BlackBerry has an emergency recovery service, likely it will cost an arm and leg and not guarantee anything. What's to say the chips that contain your data aren't damaged already? If you can't live without the data let this be a good lesson to backup your device daily so the in the event it should fail again you won't lose it. This is why in IT data backups are so critical!
    11-19-13 03:37 PM
    How can I extract it? File is only 600 kb thats why I think smth must be wrong but who knows.
    Wow that is pretty darn small.
    But still worth a shot I guess, just Google extract bbb backup, you'll see options, just get what's the best for you and your pc.
    I think I used BlackBerry Backup extractor/converter or magicberry, it was a while ago so I don't really remember but I'll go have a look at my pc and let you know.

I'm guess what I suggested in the post above that was a no go?

11-19-13 03:42 PM
    get a program called TestDisc, hook up phone to pc and run that program, it will let you get the data off of it even if it is corrupted.

here ya go, found it for you. it is a command prompt ran program but it works wonders. http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk
    Also have you even called BB yet? They can get the data for you. But if it is of a sensitive matter ie: nudies and stuff like that, you probably dont want to send it there.
    11-19-13 04:00 PM
60 123