I just recently got my Bold 9900. For the first 3 days or so, everything was fine, but now it starts to lag quite a bit in certain menus, like the options menu for example.

Also, my phone gets really hot, specifically when playing music at full volume, but even when music isn't always playing.

Is there a solution to these problems?

Thanks
    09-02-11 11:16 AM

Thanks
    Yes, take it back and get it exchanged
    09-02-11 11:18 AM
    did you install any recent apps prior to the issue? seems like it could be a app not playing nice with the os.
    09-02-11 01:26 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull?
    09-02-11 02:55 PM
    how do i know if it's an app that's causing my phone to run hot?
    09-08-11 11:42 AM
    I just recently got my Bold 9900. For the first 3 days or so, everything was fine, but now it starts to lag quite a bit in certain menus, like the options menu for example.

Also, my phone gets really hot, specifically when playing music at full volume, but even when music isn't always playing.

Thanks
    please go for a replacement ASAP.
    09-08-11 12:35 PM
    I had a similar issue on my Style, very hot to the point the battery menu would say too hot. Never pinpointed what did it as it didn't always happen.

HOWEVER, on my 9930, mine started having the issues yours is. Very laggy at times, hot to the touch at times. Not always but at times. Well one day I was able to hold the bb button as it lagged and it showed me open apps, one had a ? on it instead of the picture associated with it. i scrolled to it and it was the Weather Channel App. Apparently it was running some process causing my phone to lag and get very warm. I uninstalled it, and have had no problems since. Do you use this app?
    09-08-11 01:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD