I just got the bold this week and I love it. Only problem I find is when someone is calling me the phone is not rininging long enough, so I am forever missing calls. My prior phone was the curve and I used the same ring tones as I am using now and never had a problem.

Does anyone have the same problem or know what I can do,please.
    07-23-09 02:08 PM
    I got the same problem too. The only thing I could figure out was picking a longer ringtone. The ringtone I like would only ring for about 3 sec and than just stop, I thought it would just repeat but it doesn't.
    07-23-09 03:30 PM
    try this, it worked for me.
    To extend your ring tone, dial the following code: ** 61 086yournumber ** 30 #.

where 30 is the amount of seconds you want to ring for (minimum is 5 maximum is 30) bare in mind if someone hangsup after 10 seconds of ringing your phone will only ring 10 seconds
    07-23-09 03:31 PM

where 30 is the amount of seconds you want to ring for (minimum is 5 maximum is 30) bare in mind if someone hangsup after 10 seconds of ringing your phone will only ring 10 seconds
    I didn't even know this was possible? But I tried it and just got a error message? You're suppose to enter this like a normal phone # correct? And are you suppose to have a space between the 1 and 0? I'm a noob to blackberry so please forgive me for ll of the questions.
    07-23-09 04:44 PM
    I'm pretty sure that dial trick thing is for specific carriers.

Btw, you can call your carrier and ask for a longer ringing time amount. I don't remember if you have to pay or not.
    07-23-09 05:04 PM
    I use youmail.com for my voicemail... it has you setup a Divert Conditional (unanswered, unreachable & busy) with the *004* code to their number.

*004*17142043114#

I added a 30 second ring time by using:
    *004*[number]**[secs]#

other GSM codes can be found here:
    GSM Codes
    07-23-09 05:35 PM

Pretty sure this is to extend the amount of time the phone rings before going to voicemail - not the amount of time the BB plays the sound or how long it takes before the BB starts playing the ringtone.
    Last edited by jeffreii; 07-23-09 at 08:16 PM.
    07-23-09 05:37 PM
    Only suggestions I have would be to set your voicemail to a higher number of rings prior to being redirected, and to avoid using 'vib and ring' setting on the stock profiles app. Your phone won't audibly ring until it has exhausted however many vobes you have ot set to. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 05:58 PM
    Also, create a new sound profile and use it instead of the default ones. I find that user created profiles are louder than predefined ones.
    07-23-09 06:02 PM
    if youre roaming it'll take a lil longer for your BB to start ringing while the person callin u probably has been listening to your phone ring ring and ring.happens to me all the time and make sure you dont use the vibe&ring option cause it blows
    07-23-09 06:08 PM
    Hold on - isn't this just set up through your voicemail? I remember there being an option - how many rings before forwarding to voice. Call your voicemail and find the option.
    07-23-09 07:31 PM
    It's not in the voicemail options. It's an option that can be changed in
    Ebedoun's post. That or the OP can just call the carrier and they can fix
    it quickly.
    07-23-09 07:36 PM
    It's not in the voicemail options. It's an option that can be changed in
    Ebedoun's post. That or the OP can just call the carrier and they can fix
    it quickly.
    Maybe with Rogers? We don't have Youmail in Canada.

Not wanting to lead anyone astray. I have a memory of changing the number of ringtones through my device.... but it was almost a year ago now. Maybe I ended up calling my carrier.

Sorry for the confusion!
    07-23-09 07:43 PM
    I use YouMail but even with AT&T voicemail you can't even configure the ring
    length. The forwarded party never has much to do with ringtone length. Even
    if the forwarding party is the same carrier.
    07-23-09 07:48 PM
    I seriously doubt this is a voicemail/AT&T problem. The AT&T default is not too short for new users and if it were changed on a previous phone it wouldn't be a new problem.

More than likely it's set to vibrate and ring and thus it does not ring until it's done vibrating. If so, the solution is either to turn off vibrate or get a vibrate/ring at the same time app. There's a free one in the BB App World it's called TinCan something or another - it's in the top downloads.
    07-23-09 08:18 PM
    I use youmail.com for my voicemail... it has you setup a Divert Conditional (unanswered, unreachable & busy) with the *004* code to their number.

*004*17142043114#

I added a 30 second ring time by using:
    *004*[number]**[secs]#

other GSM codes can be found here:
    GSM Codes

Great info. This worked for me. Appreciate that.
    07-30-09 10:51 AM
    Thanks for the tip on youmail. I have signed up for it. Stupid question - to add the 30 seconds, do you enter your mobile# or youmail's number? Thanks.

Use youmail's number.
    07-30-09 09:03 PM
    Use youmail's number.
    Sorry, I was just reading the details of the GSM codes and realized that was a dumb question. I just deleted my post, but not in time. Thanks for answering though.
    07-30-09 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD