When I make a call or when someone calls me it sounds horrible. It sounds as if I'm in a cave then it starts clicking like there's interference with the line. Sometimes when it clicks it drops the call. This morning I called vzw and they are sending me a replacement after I hang up from them about 2hours later I'm on a call and it sounds perfect. Then I called home, started out fine, then it started the clicking sound again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-10 12:01 PM
    Well i'm sure your replacement will fix the prob, good luck
    06-25-10 12:07 PM
    Well i'm sure your replacement will fix the prob, good luck
    I still like this one better than the Tour. I'm sure the rep will fix it too. Thanks

06-25-10 12:13 PM
    I had call problems when I first got my 9650. It was just a bad firmware installation. I wiped the device and installed new f/w and everything was fixed.

To check it wasn't a physical defect of the mic, I recorded a voice memo and it sounded fine. I also tried leaving myself a voicemail and it sounded horrible. After I reloaded f/w, everything is now perfect.
    06-25-10 02:35 PM
    I had call problems when I first got my 9650. It was just a bad firmware installation. I wiped the device and installed new f/w and everything was fixed.

To check it wasn't a physical defect of the mic, I recorded a voice memo and it sounded fine. I also tried leaving myself a voicemail and it sounded horrible. After I reloaded f/w, everything is now perfect.

If you mean wipe and re install the o/s .732. I tried that and still didn't work. Thanks

06-25-10 02:48 PM

I had two handsets that did the same thing. Returned them and now have my third which works fine. The first two where wiped at least 3 times each and reloaded. My third handset is from a different store - not sure that has any effect at all but the sound issue is resolved.
    06-25-10 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD