heyy

i have the bold 9000
    my phones on vibrate at least half the time i have it on but it sometimes vibrates randomly but theres no messages (sms, mms etc) or phone calls
    can anyone tell me why it actin like that ??
    and i dont get any of my emails on my phone but when i check online there are like 100s of emails, that usually come to my phone but havent come

HELP !!!
    06-30-10 09:17 PM
    Are you sure it's actually vibrating? It's not uncommon to feel your phone vibrate when it really isn't. I've even felt my phone vibrate only to find that it's not even on my belt

As far as your email problem is concerned, who do you use for email and how do you have it set up?
    07-01-10 09:26 AM
    Are you sure it's actually vibrating? It's not uncommon to feel your phone vibrate when it really isn't. I've even felt my phone vibrate only to find that it's not even on my belt

I was thinking the same thing, happens to me all the time, but I didn't know how to exactly type it out without sounding ...well ya know.. I would put money that my phone just vibrated or that I saw the red flashing led and then I'll look and yeah nothing..

I think it's just my "crazies" acting up, even the gnome sitting next to me swears it too.
    07-01-10 01:11 PM
    ya it actually vibrates !! i had in my hand and it would vibrate but i got nuthing or it would be on the table or something and it would vibrate and i would pick it up in mid-vibrate and nuthing !!
    -hotmail
    i got 2 hotmail accounts , one gets way more emails than the other but i got the email on the phone before and now i get 3 or less
    07-01-10 01:59 PM
    maybe check your individual email folders (the clear ones with the globes on them) it's possible that one of your email accounts isn't being displayed in the main box or something?
    07-01-10 02:14 PM
    ya it actually vibrates !! i had in my hand and it would vibrate but i got nuthing or it would be on the table or something and it would vibrate and i would pick it up in mid-vibrate and nuthing !!
    -hotmail
    i got 2 hotmail accounts , one gets way more emails than the other but i got the email on the phone before and now i get 3 or less
    I believe you that it's vibrating, I just figured I'd check the easy stuff first

Do you have problems with both email accounts or just one of them? I would say one of the biggest culprits of not getting email to one account is changing the password but not updating BIS with the new one.
    07-01-10 02:28 PM
    they're both actin stupid !!!
    07-01-10 02:35 PM
    Ah yes....phantom vibrations most likely due to intramuscular conditioning from wearing the device on your hip for extended periods of time, thus "teaching" the lateral quadricep muscles of certain movements and triggering the brain in a Pavlovian way to recognize said vibration as something important, such as a missed call or email. Quite common these days.

But don't take my word for it, I'm not really a doctor - I only play one on the Crackberry forums
    07-02-10 02:50 PM
    It's a GSM signal thing. Put it near a radio when it's transmitting data. Hear that static interruption? The same thing is happening to your muscles/ nerve endings...
    07-02-10 03:00 PM
    You may have a running app that you wouldn't think would vibrate.

Mine vibrates on updates from the Fox News icon and the accuweather icon which are the push alerts from BlackBerry. Both employ the "Browser" alert.

Weatherbug also does a little bit of an alert if there is a weather warning.

You can always put the alerts to a sound alert for a day and if it happens, find which alert the sound is set to.

-m
    07-02-10 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD