I swear my Bold will just vibrate for no reason at all. It will be in my pocket, i will feel it vibrate, and then when i take it out to see whos calling/texting/emailing/ect, there is nothing there. Even if its sitting on the counter i swear i hear it vibrate, so i get up to look, nothing! I dont think i am going crazy, but maybe!

Has anyone else had this happen?
    Last edited by JR750; 04-30-09 at 12:39 PM.
    04-30-09 12:34 PM
    Yep.... it happens to me all the time...LOL
    04-30-09 12:35 PM
    Apparently I'm crazy too. I even see my LED change color.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-09 12:36 PM
    yepp... i get those too...
    04-30-09 12:36 PM
    Only happens to me if I accidentally press my Left Convenience Key, as it is designated for CaptureIt. Otherwise, I've never been victim to the Phantom Vibrate.

I do, however, have to say that I'm with Chicklet. I swear I see my light blink, but when I go to check.... nothing.
    04-30-09 12:37 PM
    Mine does that, even when I'm not carrying it.

It's actually a documented issue.

Phantom vibrations give device junkies a buzz - Wireless- msnbc.com
    04-30-09 12:37 PM
    Are you sure or is it phantom vibes lol.
    04-30-09 12:39 PM
    Mine does that, even when I'm not carrying it.

It's actually a documented issue.

Phantom vibrations give device junkies a buzz - Wireless- msnbc.com

at least someone is studying it...
    04-30-09 12:40 PM
    When this happens to me, it is usually weather bug sending me an alert. I would look all over the Bold looking for it. :-)
    04-30-09 12:42 PM
    at least someone is studying it...
    I figured it was just gas.
    04-30-09 12:43 PM
    Only happens to me if I accidentally press my Left Convenience Key, as it is designated for CaptureIt. Otherwise, I've never been victim to the Phantom Vibrate.
    Same here. Only I have the right key set to CaptureIt. Then I look in my picture folder at the end of the day and I have a ton of screen shots in there.

I used to get the phantom vibrate and LED a lot on my old Curve though.
    04-30-09 12:43 PM
    I figured it was just gas.

must be some POWERFUL gas
    04-30-09 12:44 PM
    Okay I'm not joking. A couple of minutes after I posted on here, my phone vibrated and it wasn't a screen shot. WTF
    04-30-09 12:47 PM
    This is the second phone I have had the problem with and people tell me I'm crazy. At least others do too. My LED also blinks for no reason when it is sitting on my desk.

lol

are you talking about a fantom flash?
    04-30-09 12:47 PM
    We are all loonie! I hear my phone too!

04-30-09 12:48 PM
    You know something. It vibrated and there was no notification. Then my phone gave me the sound notification w/o vibrating for BBM and I had a message. Sort of like there was a delay between the vibe/tone. I'm doing a battery pull.
    04-30-09 12:50 PM
    LOL!!!! I thought i was the only one witnessing this. Mine vibrates sometimes too and theres nothing there. I thought i was loosing my mind.
    04-30-09 12:57 PM
    this all reminds me that i need to reinstall CaptureIt
    04-30-09 01:00 PM
    I swaer i hear my Bold talk to me in the middle of the nite...it says something like you have a message from the darkside in the yoda voice...now i have that set as a sms alert so ill take my phone off the charging cradle and have a look and theres nothing in there...check through all my message boxes and nothing....very strange and creepy lol.

But i still love the ****ing phone though
    04-30-09 01:04 PM
    Now that you've mentioned it; I haven't had the phantom vibe syndrome since I went to the extended battery with the larger back cover. Used to happen all the time with the standard battery.
    04-30-09 01:34 PM
    Happens to me occasionally. My brother on the other hand is always having it happen to him, he gets so mad haha.
    04-30-09 01:38 PM
    It happened to me today at lunch. I was sitting there talking to some friends when i quickly reached into my pocket because i felt it vibrate. Pulled the BB out, and nothing, no call/text/email, nothing
    04-30-09 03:19 PM
    You know something. It vibrated and there was no notification. Then my phone gave me the sound notification w/o vibrating for BBM and I had a message. Sort of like there was a delay between the vibe/tone. I'm doing a battery pull.
    Maybe your Bold temporarily broke down the space/time continuum, which for a short time, allowed the speed of vibration to trump the speed of light and sound.
    04-30-09 03:24 PM
    Heck, if it's just gas, my Bold might need some dimeticone

I thought my suit pocket was too loose and the friction between phone and fabric gave me the sensation that it was vibrating, but now that I read this... either we are indeed becoming looney or some Poltergeist inhabits our phones
    04-30-09 06:36 PM
    As a well documented psychiatrist once said..."PUT DOWN THE PIPE AND WALK AWAY"
    Looks like all the classic symptoms of Berry Withdrawl. Happens to me all the time while its in my pocket or on my hip but I have never had it happen while in my hand or while I am paying close attention to my Berry.

Looks to me like you have two choices...
    1. Quit Cold Turkey and expect an increase of "phantom buzzes" till the addiction subsides.

Or...
    2. TAKE ANOTHER HIT DUDE!

04-30-09 06:56 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD