Well I sent the following email to both of the email addresses that I was provided with:

Hi Orange,

As a customer of yours for a few years I was happy to upgrade my phone with yourselves as my provider.

I chose the blackberry 9000 as I liked the features listed and wante e-mail on the go.

Once I had received my phone I noticed that BlackBerry Maps was not available on my device. It seems to be installed but disabled. This feature was advertised on your website with the BlackBerry 9000 (although I believe that it has now been removed) and so I would like access to it.

It seems other people would as well and so I have started a petition to have BlackBerry Maps enabled on our phones as was advertised.

Orange UK BlackBerry Maps Petition

Regards
    Robert McGhee

Lets hope changes happen
    09-05-08 05:16 AM
    [email protected] does not appear to work there anymore as that email address bounced back
    09-05-08 05:27 AM
    That address Mousey was just one I found whilst googling orange complaints, perhaps that person got fired for lack of customer service!!

Thanks again for your efforts
    09-05-08 07:14 AM
    Found another email address to send it to.

[email protected]

Apparently things happen when you send a complaint to them so heres hoping
    09-05-08 08:26 AM
    That look like a good one... I am sure a few individual emails wouldn't do any harm either!

Let them know that they have more than a few unhappy Bold customers, who now perhaps wish they hadn't taken advantage of Orange's initial UK 'exclusivity'!
    09-05-08 08:29 AM
    ultimately, i doubt Orange really give two hoots... the only people complaining are those who have taken delivery of these phones on 12 or (more commonly) 18 month contracts...

when it comes to the end of your contract, they will just offer you a discount which persuades you stay, thus locking you back into the cycle once more.
    09-05-08 08:43 AM
    We can only try and raise awareness
    09-05-08 08:51 AM
    Thanks to Kevin the petition has hit the front page.

Orange UK...Give Us BlackBerry Maps! | CrackBerry.com

Thank you very much Kevin.
    09-05-08 11:14 AM
    I can't say I have a huge amount of sympathy.....I'd pay for the damn mapping if the device were available stateside.
    09-05-08 03:26 PM
    Well it seems our cries may have been answered.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/ora...bb-maps-68958/
    09-05-08 07:28 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD