Hi
    I have got a 9000 Bold unit that was an ex work machine.
    When I try to set up my personal e-mail through e-mail setup, the only option I get is "I want to use a work e-mail account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server".
    How do I get the option to setup a home account?
    05-27-10 04:53 PM
    I can tell you there's a BIS Outage right now (personal email network).
    RIM is aware of the situation and is working on it. This could be the reason why you're not able to set up personal email right now.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f156/bi...84/index4.html
    05-27-10 05:17 PM
    Do you have a BB data plan? You need one for personal email and others to work. If you have a BB data plan and if you haven't registered this device yet, do it now, by going to menu - options - advanced options - host routing table - menu - register now. You should have the option to set up personal email accounts aftwe doing this..

Hope this helps...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-10 09:08 AM
    Just a suggestion...not sure if it will work or not...but you might try wiping the phone, so it doesn't have any of the "work enterprise" info on it anymore. That should set to factory specs and you can set it up how you want it.

05-30-10 11:41 AM
    Do you have a BB data plan? You need one for personal email and others to work. If you have a BB data plan and if you haven't registered this device yet, do it now, by going to menu - options - advanced options - host routing table - menu - register now. You should have the option to set up personal email accounts aftwe doing this..

Hope this helps...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Any idea how long it takes for BB to allow personal email setup after registering? Thanks!

BTW: I think I'm going to like this site! Looks like a GREAT place to get all my questions answered! :-)
    06-04-10 11:49 AM
    Any idea how long it takes for BB to allow personal email setup after registering? Thanks!

BTW: I think I'm going to like this site! Looks like a GREAT place to get all my questions answered! :-)
    Go to your carrier's BIS website and create and account by providing the IMEI and PIN numbers of your device. After creating the account, you can add the email accounts you want to use on the device. After add all email accounts, send service books to the device (Help - Service Books)...
    06-04-10 12:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD