That's what I was thinking but how come Du didn't do the same thing ? Haven't heard of any patch sent by Du .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 01:49 PM
    Well- i had this problem started yesterday only. Went to where i bought the phone and screamed like **** at them asking for a phone replacement because my phone is only one month old- but poor guys explained that this is because of the batch that Etisalat sent to all BB subscribers.
    Now, i called Etisalat, and as much as i would like to say that they normally are not useful on the 101 service line- this time they actually admitted that they screwed up and the solution is for me to format my phone (the take off your battery for 10 minutes thing is stupid and not working, i tried it)! i honestly was shocked with the solution because in order to get my business mail directed to my phone after formatting it i need the GM's approval and the IT to send me a new e-mail code - long story...
    So, Just finished charging my phone after formatting it of course. Well- i don't want to jinx it or anything- but all seems to be going well now. The phone has been on for an hour and no battery draining yet! full 5 lines of the battery indicator are still there. hope the heating issue will be solved too- because over the last two days i could fry an egg over the back of my Blackberry.
    Hope that will help ... and hope to hear more success stories of fixes over the coming days ... cheers to all
    07-14-09 06:11 PM
    Again, what you can do it restrict the permissions of the "Registration" Module which will partially resolve the issue. The second option is to format the device with the wipe funcionality of the BB itself or the jl commander.
    07-15-09 12:57 AM
    Hi all,

I changed application permissions to deny access for the 'registration' module yesterday and my bold has been fine since.

As the relative noob that I am, the question I'm now asking is whether Etisalat would be able to remotely reinstate application permissions without reverting to sending us another dodgy patch?
    07-15-09 09:53 AM
    Theres a removal patch on blackberry forums..
    This whole episode is extremely fishy...
    07-16-09 02:51 PM
    Hi all,

I changed application permissions to deny access for the 'registration' module yesterday and my bold has been fine since.

As the relative noob that I am, the question I'm now asking is whether Etisalat would be able to remotely reinstate application permissions without reverting to sending us another dodgy patch?
    It's actually an app, they should not be able to remotely administer it if the permissions are cut off.
    07-16-09 03:04 PM
    Yeah I wanted to share the same. You can just restict the app permissions to get over it... However this is just ridiculous. Once again.
    When I did the reboot, the first prompt I got was 'verifying security software', which leads me to think the patch software is still in my phone. I'm pretty bummed about this "patch"; it's nothing but spyware and I wish etisalat would have been more honest about that. Seems they could have satisfied their need for monitoring SMS' by simply asking NSA.
    07-16-09 03:22 PM
    When I did the reboot, the first prompt I got was 'verifying security software'
    They all do this.
    07-16-09 03:24 PM
    Like everyone who got the etisalat patch my bold is screwed. I have read hundreds of posts but I am still not 100% clear how to resolve the problem.

I have downloaded the latest OS, and DM. I have nothing on my BB that I need, not texts , not photos or notes, nothing..................I would just like to keep my mail settings if possible.

Can anyone direct me to a 'step by step'?
    07-17-09 09:23 AM
    This link has a 'file' that will remove the patch..I think it works on the bold only. Try your luck.
    07-19-09 04:23 AM
    RIM released an app to remove this "patch"

I don't have enough posts to include a link or url.

Just google the following and you'll find it: BlackBerry Registration App Remover for BlackBerry smartphones
    07-21-09 10:43 AM
    BBC NEWS | Technology | UAE Blackberry update was spyware

I really want to know what Etisalat says about this. And what was the purpose of this adventure. Im sure they know this issue will die down and people will slowly forget about it.
    07-21-09 11:45 AM
    Im sure they know this issue will die down and people will slowly forget about it.
    Isnt this the typical arabic way of dealing with things? Shut up and noone will ask. Ashan 3aib!

Poor performance, poor intentions. And I am sure noone will even get fired for that. Its summer. Ramadan is coming. 3adi. Life is good.

Shame on you Etisalat. You want to be so advanced but once again you messed up infront of the whole world and you even dont have the guts to talk about it.
    07-21-09 12:16 PM
    Poor performance, poor intentions. And I am sure noone will even get fired for that. Its summer. Ramadan is coming. 3adi. Life is good.
    Competition is a beautiful thing. Du has been real quiet about that patch, and a lot of people are now talking about switching over to Du.

Shame on you Etisalat. You want to be so advanced but once again you messed up infront of the whole world and you even dont have the guts to talk about it.
    RIM is taking etisalat to the wood shed to spank them, and rip them a new one. Check out 21 July edition of Gulf News, at gulfnews.com. Now if I could just get that patch remover onto my phone.
    07-22-09 01:23 AM
    Competition is a beautiful thing. Du has been real quiet about that patch, and a lot of people are now talking about switching over to Du.
    With all due respect but DU is not better than Etisalat. They just have other problems currently than rolling out a "Performance Patch" for BB.

Remember the time when Skype was still not blocked in the DU Network? This was not because they were so kind or because they were better (as they broadly announced) it was simply due to the fact that they could not block it! And trust me: As soon as DU manages to get their ******** operations running smoothly they will roll out the same for BB since such things are surely not plainly initiated from the Telco himself...
    07-22-09 01:35 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD