I just had an idea and I was wondering if it was possible.

Is there anyway to get iPod touch to tether with the Bold so you can use the 3g connection to surf the web on the iPod touch.
    Last edited by thewireguys; 08-18-08 at 12:03 AM.
    08-17-08 10:20 PM
    um.........
    08-17-08 10:26 PM
    um.........
    gotta agree with you
    08-17-08 11:16 PM
    What? don't like the idea or don't think it's possible?
    08-17-08 11:26 PM
    what is an iTouch would be my first question. If you are referring to the iPod touch I would not think that would be possible unless you can find some software to turn the Bold into a WiFi hotspot. I program for this was on th apple store for about 5 minutes before being pulled by ATT. People were turning iPhone 3G's into Wifi access points for browsing.
    08-17-08 11:56 PM
    what is an iTouch would be my first question. If you are referring to the iPod touch I would not think that would be possible unless you can find some software to turn the Bold into a WiFi hotspot. I program for this was on th apple store for about 5 minutes before being pulled by ATT. People were turning iPhone 3G's into Wifi access points for browsing.
    We correct me if i am wrong but I though you could tether your laptop with the BOLD and use the 3g. I know you would have to use the USB or Bluetooth to do this with the computer but it is not possible with the touch. The Apple store would have nothing to do with this it would all be done with the BOLD
    08-18-08 12:09 AM
    To correct you, it let's you use the iphone as a modem not a access point.
    Last edited by bobby45512; 08-18-08 at 01:02 AM.
    08-18-08 12:29 AM
    Yes. It makes it so you can get on the tether the iphone. It creates a wifi network and you connect to it. It is not a good idea to tether 3g with bluetooth because the bt would be a bottleneck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 03:57 AM
    Wow. Tethering an iPod Touch with a Bold just does not sound right to me. If it works I want to hear nothing of it.
    08-18-08 04:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD