About three weeks ago I upgraded to the Pearl 8120 (which has built in wi-fi) but I did not get the data plan.

I have been using the home wi-fi on my Pearl with few problems until this week.

For some reason when I click on the browser it says "unable to find server." I am sitting five feet away from my router so that does not make sense.

When I did wi-fi diagnostics and a site survey on the Pearl it said my wi-fi signal was only 48%. Again this is weird because my router is password protected so I know my neighbors are not borrowing my signal.

What is going on? Is this a Pearl issue? I am thinking of switching to the Bold anyway. I have a few more days before my 30-day window is up and I am thinking of running over to the AT&T store this morning to switch to the Bold. Does the Bold have better wi-fi reception? I can't afford the data plan at this point so I want to use wifi at home and at hotspots.

Sorry in advance if I am asking a clueless question -- I am a newbie. Thanks for any suggestions.
    11-05-08 08:23 AM
    11-05-08 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD