This isnt a question just a straight up MOAN. No native PDF viewer of free alternative is just wrong. iBooks on the iPhone is an Excellent FREE app that allows PDF viewing & saved folders i look for the same kind of thing on my beloved BB & find the cheapest at 8.29. What a frigging CON & JOKE. I bought a BB Torch hoping that i could ditch my iPhone & stop carrying two phones. After 4 month with the Torch (as much as i liked it) it was no alternative to the iPhone entertainment wise so i decided to go back to a trusty BB Bold (now opting for the 9780 because i didnt think there was much difference originally when my 9700 was due for an upgrade thats why i got a Torch, but then realising the BOLD is my perfect PHONE but lacks when it comes to entertainment) but it seems there is some things on the iPhone that are just far superior so im stuck with 2 phones because i cant get the best of both rolled into one.

End of Rant.
    03-31-11 12:25 PM
    Hmm.. Ok.

If it is of any help, it seems future versions of Documents to Go might be free on the BlackBerry platform.

Google around for the leaked Documents to Go 3.0...
    03-31-11 12:31 PM
    There is a PDF viewr but it will only display PDF attachemtn to emails. However it is there.

The best PDF viewer I have found is included with the Premium version (yes, you have to buy it) of Docs-To-Go.

The basic version of Docs-To-Go is already on your phone but there's no PDF reader until you register, pay for the Premium version and download the software.

Once you have done that, you'll have the capabilty you want.

I can think of a number of reasons why RIM opted not to include a PDF viewer with their phones but you propbably do noit want to hear all that.
    flipkc likes this.
    03-31-11 12:32 PM
    To view my ePost Data I need a PDF viewer. I'm glad I know what to do to get that feature now, thanks!
    03-31-11 03:33 PM
    Docs to Go is well worth the little they ask for it Does PDFs very well.
    03-31-11 03:52 PM
    This is a joke, paying for something so readily available is wrong. Besides, if you only use the pdf viewer intermittently paying 14 for it is not acceptable.
    03-31-11 04:49 PM
    This is a joke, paying for something so readily available is wrong. Besides, if you only use the pdf viewer intermittently paying 14 for it is not acceptable.
    True, but alas, we own Blackberry's and that $14 is worth the convenience for me to be able to PDF files on the go. I also have an iPhone but...I don't like it.
    03-31-11 04:51 PM
    I like Docs to go, i use the word & excel versions quite regular i just feel that for PDF veiwing the only alternatives are not cheap when other platforms offer this for free. But then again i think app world is expensive PERIOD but i digress. I dont like to have to continually compare to iPhone on BlackBerry forums because for the last 3 years ive continually opted for BlackBerrys over iPhones when my contract is due & i dont think that will change any time soon because i love my Blackberrys especially the 9700/9780 but i would really be interested to know if BlackBerry paid PDF veiwer apps can come close to the FREE iBooks app. The reason this subject has all of a sudden become a sore point for me is ive started to use dropbox & realised everything i wanted to use it for was in PDF format & now im going to have to use my iPhone instead of BlackBerry to use this feature which is a bit of a let down.
    03-31-11 05:48 PM
    The joke is on us. We can read PDFs from emails but not from the documents folder?
    Thanks for the giant FAIL RIM!

Android is getting serious consideration now.
    06-29-11 04:58 PM
    Selective reading ftw, eh guys?

Complain and complain, even when solutions are presented to you. Why google for the fix when you can just b*&%h about it.

Did you really create an account just for that?
    06-29-11 09:04 PM
    It is just the way it is.

Not every one wants to view PDFs and if you do you need to pay Adobe to do it.
    06-30-11 06:27 AM
    Then don't do it. The choice is yours. Unless you do though, you ain;t gonna be reading non-email PDFS so quit ya moanin'.
    06-30-11 06:38 AM
    It is just the way it is.

Not every one wants to view PDFs and if you do you need to pay Adobe to do it.
    Wrong, the PDF format isn't proprietary, there are free, non-Adobe PDF readers out there.

Out of the box we can read PDFs 'free' via email but not the documents folder... utter stupidity. If someone can justify that like a grown-up, I'd love to hear it.
    06-30-11 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD