Hello, I own a bold 9700 and I'm having problems to open pdf files sent to me via e-mail as attachtments. Once I click to open the attached file, I got a warning that says that I have to check my service books. I dont knoe what to do. Should I update my software version?

Thanks,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 01:09 PM
    Hello, I own a bold 9700 and I'm having problems to open pdf files sent to me via e-mail as attachtments. Once I click to open the attached file, I got a warning that says that I have to check my service books. I dont knoe what to do. Should I update my software version?

Thanks,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Service Books... resend them... either log into your Provider's BIS server and resend them, OR go into Setup Folder > Email > Menu > Service Books and then resend your Service Books to your device... you will receive one email for every email address you have registered on your device when your Service Books are sent to your device.

If this does not work, then call your Provider and talk to a Blackberry Rep and have them resend your Service Books.
    06-14-10 01:17 PM
    Also, check Desktop Manager to see if you have blackberry attachment services installed on your phone.
    06-14-10 01:24 PM
    I dont have blackberry attachment services installed,I just updated my software and it still wont let me open pdf files. Is there any way to download blackberry internet services?
    06-14-10 04:28 PM
    I think that you need a third party app for .pdf files!
    06-14-10 04:34 PM
    I think that you need a third party app for .pdf files!
    You only need a third party app to view PDF files saved to your device memory or media card. PDF files sent as attachments to emails can be viewed natively with the BlackBerry Attachment Service.

To the OP, if you are missing that component, hook up to Desktop Manager and reinstall it. You will then be able to view the PDFs sent as attachments.
    06-14-10 04:40 PM
    I dont have blackberry attachment services installed,I just updated my software and it still wont let me open pdf files. Is there any way to download blackberry internet services?
    Install it... first install the OS version on your PC if you don't have it installed, delete the Vendor.xml file if the OS is not from your Provider, then start the Loader.exe (DO NOT USE Desktop Manager!!!)... then when the screen comes up with all the apps from the OS, select the attachment services and click next... it will install and you're all done.
    06-14-10 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD