Hi, everybody

Can anybody help me please, my blackberry 9780 keeps taking my pay as you go credit. ?????????????????
    10-09-11 01:48 AM
    Can you explain more about your situation?
    Carrier?
    10-09-11 01:53 AM
    I have a unlocked 9780 branded o2 from the uk.

I live in cyprus useing a MTN pay as you go sim inserted.

I have installed a few apps ???? maybe one of these apps are taking credit???? I am on wifi connection at home so dont know why every 5 mins or so its taking 1 or 2 cents credit .
    10-09-11 02:30 AM
    Do you have access to BIS on your phone? Although you're using WiFi at home, the phone will still use data traffic when you're away from your house. And that will surely chew away your credits.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    10-09-11 05:07 AM
    zild

Thank you for your reply, no i avent got bis or any data plan setup, i can have data per month for 10 euro which gives me 200mb on pay as you go.( But i do know what that give me then) I cant have blackberrys services i was told by mtn here in cyprus unless i go on contract.

Do you know what the 10 euro a month data would get me???
    10-09-11 05:35 AM
    That seems reasonable, but it's strange that your berry uses data traffic without BIS. Usually a berry without BIS gives a severly amputated experience. I couldn't even use the Facebook app without it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    10-09-11 05:26 PM
    This sounds like your carrier is metering and charging for data that flows through its system and is disregarding the fact that you do not have a BIS account.

The way to check this is to temporarily turn off the data flow. You can do this by going to Options, Networks and Connections, Mobile Networks and set Data Services AND While Roaming to OFF.

This will completely disable the BlackBerry's BIS data flow but will still allow you to send and receive phone calls and SMS text messages.

All charges from your "drip feed" should now cease. If this stops, you should call your carrier and ask wht is happening and if it does not stop you should call your carrier to ask what the heck they are up to.
    zild likes this.
    10-09-11 05:47 PM
    Please help. I have a blackberry torch 9810 and i recently topped up about last week 10 and when i checked the next day my phone had taken of about 1 or 2 pounds crediteventhough i didnt call anyone??????? So by the end of the week i didnt have any credit left and therefore didnt have bis please help
    05-22-13 03:09 PM
    Please help. I have a blackberry torch 9810 and i recently topped up about last week 10 and when i checked the next day my phone had taken of about 1 or 2 pounds crediteventhough i didnt call anyone??????? So by the end of the week i didnt have any credit left and therefore didnt have bis please help
    Go through all of your apps and check them carefully. It sounds like you may have a scammy one in there which probably had 15,000 pages of Ts and Cs that you didn't read which gave it permission to abuse your cash.

Simplest way of checking all the apps is plugging the phone into the PC and use Blackberry Desktop Manager to go through the list. Then do some Google searches and Crackberry Forum searches on the apps you have. If one of them is scamware then other people will have suffered the same as you.
    05-23-13 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD