I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but I set up my password and such in password under options, and when I hit the lock button on the top left of the device, it locks, but does not password lock. Any suggestions? It will password lock after it times out, after 5 min, but i still like to lock it on command......

thanks!
    06-10-10 05:13 PM
    That button is the "standby" button, and is not the same as a "lock" button. If you set one of your convenience keys to "lock" than it will lock the device, requiring the password to unlock.
    06-10-10 05:47 PM
    if you usually lock from the home screen, you can also hit "k" to lock the keyboard (at least with the default theme). You may need home screen dialing off for it to work.
    06-10-10 06:37 PM
    You can set one of your convenience keys to lock the device so that you can quickly press that as you are setting the device down, or in your pocket.
    06-10-10 06:43 PM
    Since I use QL I have it set to the first menu item so 2 clicks locks my phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-10 12:10 AM
    You do know that you can use ALT+ENTER to lock the phone w/ password right? I did notice on my Bold when I first got it, it had a preset shortcut to the language by using the ALT+ENTER, but it gave me an option to disable it which I did, and now back to locking my phone with ALT+ENTER.
    06-11-10 01:41 AM
    You do know that you can use ALT+ENTER to lock the phone w/ password right? I did notice on my Bold when I first got it, it had a preset shortcut to the language by using the ALT+ENTER, but it gave me an option to disable it which I did, and now back to locking my phone with ALT+ENTER.
    Thanks Lion. I've been looking for that info. The book says some generic stuff.
    06-11-10 08:56 AM
    The Alt + enter would help if I could figure out how to change that option off of the preset language short cut... any help?
    06-11-10 09:32 AM
    The Alt + enter would help if I could figure out how to change that option off of the preset language short cut... any help?
    Go to options/language and text input. Click on input language selection shortcut. Make selection.
    06-11-10 10:27 AM
    Carol - if you press Alt+Enter (the languages will appear) select a language - Then right after that another message should pop up that says "Current input method changed to "chosen language" using the Alt-Enter shortcut. From there choose: "Do not allow this shortcut". After you do that the screen will disappear and you should be able to start using ALT+ENTER to lock your phone.
    06-11-10 10:30 AM
    Milt - Happy to be of help!
    06-11-10 10:31 AM
    Lion- would she need to perform those steps every time she wants to lock or just the first time she does it? I don't have other languages loaded.
    06-11-10 11:35 AM
    Lion- would she need to perform those steps every time she wants to lock or just the first time she does it? I don't have other languages loaded.
    Only the first time she does that will she have to go through those steps. The steps I gave disable the language shortcut feature.
    06-11-10 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD