I had (notice the keywork of had) a blackberry bold 9930. It was recently stolen from my car when it was broken into. I have found myself to be in need of the information from the password keeper on my blackberry. I need most of the passwords for the computer systems I access at work. I was wondering if there was a way that I could access the most recent backup of my blackberry on my computer and obtain the password keeper data, in such a way that it would actually be usable. I do not have another blackberry to put the data on, otherwise I would have done so already. In case it is helpful, I am currently using a Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Any help would be appreciated.
    03-18-14 04:56 PM
    Unfortunately, no. You'll have to restore the PW Keeper data to another BlackBerry.
    03-18-14 05:17 PM
    You can probably get an old, cheap Curve. I still have my original 8330m, and I restore my Password Keeper data from my Bold's backups to it whenever I change any passwords. That way I always have them in case I wipe my Bold or something happens like what happened to you. I'd be surprised if you couldn't get an 8330m from craigslist for $30 or less in short order.
    03-18-14 06:06 PM
    Well that sucks. Oh well, I guess it's time to look for a replacement blackberry.
    03-18-14 07:59 PM
    Yes...
    There are several methods...Third party sofware such as Elcomsoft BlackBerry Explorer. The professional version is able to read/extract the data.
    UDPATE - PhoneMiner is also able to read/extract PasswordKeeper data. Trial version is limited to the first 5 lines. i was able to view the first 5 lines of my passwordkeeper db. This is cheaper than Elcomsoft BlackBerry Explorer.

Another method is to use a simulator. A thread on the blackberry supportforums explains this method..
    Re: Accessing Password Keeper Data using Desktop S... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

There may be other solutions that are cheaper, but i only have tried the first method.

Technically speaking, inside the ipd/bbb, there is a Maniest.xml that will point to the AES-encrypted file that has the data... for example,
    <Database uid="84" recordcount="26">PasswordKeeper</Database>
    so, the file that contains the PasswordKeeper data is 84.dat ..... However this is AES encrypted...

my tests were done with backups (both password protected and not) that were created with desktop manager 7. Files were .bbb backups of a 9930.
    Last edited by bt2; 03-20-14 at 06:25 PM.
    03-20-14 06:02 PM
    UDPATE - PhoneMiner is also able to read/extract PasswordKeeper data. Trial version is limited to the first 5 lines. i was able to view the first 5 lines of my passwordkeeper db. This is cheaper than Elcomsoft BlackBerry Explorer.
    Firstly, thanks for mentioning phoenMiner bt2.

Yes, phoneMiner is indeed able to extract the password keeper database from .IPD files. If you have any questions, simply drop us an email.
    03-26-14 08:23 AM