Is there a way to turn off the data on the bold for apps and such but still receive emails and bbms?

Im going away and just want to reduce my data usage when i am roaming.
    05-20-10 02:45 PM
    Is there a way to turn off the data on the bold for apps and such but still receive emails and bbms?

Im going away and just want to reduce my data usage when i am roaming.
    No. Data is either on for everything or off for everything. If you don't run an app, it won't use data, so that should accomplish your intent.
    05-20-10 04:05 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I will just delete the apps that poll information and reinstall once I get back.
    05-21-10 09:41 AM
    Related but not answering the question:
    While I was roaming internationally I came across this app which helps keep your data usage in check and even tells you which apps are currently using your data. Also has user alerts when you are getting close to your personally set data caps.
    mobile.e-office.com/Products/Mobile-Data-Alerter.aspx

Check it out. Saved me a big phone bill while I was away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 09:42 PM
    try either the firewall... or the app permissions... even if the app had to ask for permissions each time it had to be used, at least you would know about it...

Running OS 5.0+ but i dont think it would be far off.... Options, Applications, App that is using data, edit permissions, connections, BB menu, expand, internet-allow, prompt, Deny or Allow

*UPDATE*

Yes my phone actually has "allow" posted twice, one in bold, the other not.... gonna post it online...

Last edited by sourkevin; 05-24-10 at 03:19 AM. Reason: i like cheese
    05-24-10 03:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD