Ordered my new White 9700 last week and received it the other day. The box was a little beat up when I received it, gave it a quick once over and put it to one side til I go back home to put in my sim card. Ordered it sim free for �400 as back in Cyprus we can only get the black 9700 and i wanted something different! Anyway went to put in my sdhc card yesterday and I notice that the the plastic part above the screen where the ear piece is badly made. It's not flush with the screen on the right hard side with a big gap.whereas the left hand side has no gap whatsoever. I know bold 9700's have a slight gap between the screen and earpiece. I want it to be perfect for �400 and it's freaking me out now! Leaving next week for home so don't know if I should send it back for refund or exchange,and get one back home. Or stick with it and try to ignore it.do u guys think this could give me problems with time with the screen as I feel it's kinda exposed on the right hand side?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-10 12:57 AM
    Ordered my new White 9700 last week and received it the other day. The box was a little beat up when I received it, gave it a quick once over and put it to one side til I go back home to put in my sim card. Ordered it sim free for �400 as back in Cyprus we can only get the black 9700 and i wanted something different! Anyway went to put in my sdhc card yesterday and I notice that the the plastic part above the screen where the ear piece is badly made. It's not flush with the screen on the right hard side with a big gap.whereas the left hand side has no gap whatsoever. I know bold 9700's have a slight gap between the screen and earpiece. I want it to be perfect for �400 and it's freaking me out now! Leaving next week for home so don't know if I should send it back for refund or exchange,and get one back home. Or stick with it and try to ignore it.do u guys think this could give me problems with time with the screen as I feel it's kinda exposed on the right hand side?

Personally i would send the product back, and wait until you got home to get the type of finished product you would be proud to own, instead of settling. I personally would end up complaining later about it, and being mad i decided to stick with it.
    06-23-10 01:26 AM
    Thanks for your reply......it's a gorgeous device and other than the issue with plastic earpiece, I love it, but I can't help looking at the gap. I am leaning towards calling the company and getting it shipped back for a refund. At least at home on my contract I can go to the store with any issues. Totally gutted though as I love the Whiteberry 9700

06-23-10 01:42 AM
    Why did you even think about ignoring that problem? Send it back of course! It's your hard earned money.

06-23-10 02:30 AM
    Decided to get it shipped back for a refund. Gonna order it from Amazon instead.they currently have it for �40 cheaper. I'm hoping its one of these 'silver lining' situations. Thanks for the push guys......I love my whiteberry but I want it to be as perfect as can be.I would've always be annoyed with the huge gap and screen vunerability. Fingers crossed it works out well. Back to my HTC hero for a few days again.

06-23-10 07:55 AM
    A well taken decision.There is nothing known as being half happy..Either you are or u'r not..Now you would be..
    06-23-10 08:27 AM
    Thanks guys. Just got back from the post office,where I sent my whiteberry off. It was hard and I hate to see it go,but I hope my new blackberry will be perfect. I really wasn't sure what to do this morning and I was contemplating leaving it as I really didn't want to be without my blackberry......sure signs of a Crackberry addict lol.keeping my fingers crossed.

06-23-10 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD