I tried a Palm Pre starting yesterday:

Neat little phone but the drawbacks are pretty obvious. The network is at least in my area the biggest issue but I think the radio on the Bold is better even if they were side by side on the same network.

As I think about my daily use I guess my biggest issue with the Bold is the browser (I know I use Opera) but I mean if you have a link in an email and you click on it you get automatically directed to the somewhat crappy Balckberry browser. Is there a way to change so that you get automatically directed to Opera instead of the Blackberry browser , i.e., from an email?

Any suggestions?
    06-09-09 08:52 PM
    Is there an option within Opera to set it as the "default" browser? I deleted it a few weeks ago...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 09:03 PM
    At the current moment, all BB browser builds use BBIE, which is always set as default and can not be changed.
    06-09-09 09:53 PM
    the palm pre does not even come close to beating the blackberry.
    like people have said, patience is a virtue. the blackberry browser may be terrible for you now but soon it will be revamped. With skyfire on the horizon, things keep looking brighter and brighter for us blackberry owners.

did you see that ugly keyboard on the pre? yuck.
    06-09-09 11:14 PM
    The keyboard is pretty crappy but......

I am posting this on the real crackberry website , not the mobile one, with no problems. The browser is much better. I guess you just can't have it all!
    06-12-09 08:18 PM
    For just forum posting, OM and Bolt work fine though.

Integration with the OS is a definite problem.
    06-12-09 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD